Identifying Movement Type

Well - it's definitely a Ronda but it's not clear which one and there are quite a lot that look the same but with slight, but important differences.

If you look closely all over the movement you will see a three figure number (possibly starting with 7).

Also - it looks like the battery isolator is not seated correctly. Are you sure the battery isolator is not the cause of your problem. Take the battery out and make sure the isolator is tucked under the negative contact properly.

I originally fitted the battery as I thought it had gone flat, however it didn't work so took it the watch repair shop in Debenhams who said the movement is knackered and was cost £45 to replace.

The battery is how is was returned from them so will double check it just encase.

Can you tell me roughly where there numbers should be? I can see something on the movement (shown in pic) but its too small to read (haven't got a magnify glass so took picture and tried to zoom in on it!

The resolution is too low. When I blow the picture up it goes pixelated and you cannot read the writing.

As I mentioned there are many models based around this design so its very hard to go by looks alone. The number is important.

Can you upload a higher resolution to flikr or similar photo site so we can get a closer look?

• 2 months later...

Thank you Mark, I also made this document a couple of months back to help people identitfy quartz movements.  The most difficult arethe rondas (often on the black plastic or hidden deep in the middleof the movement.  Also miyotas based on the popular 2035 are sometimes not stamped.  These are 2035 or 2115 (Date version) 90% of the time but there are at least 20 movements based on the 2035!

http://www.gleaveandco.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1390594830.pdf

• Like 1

4 o'clock date discs do not align perfectly with 3 o'clock date discs. However many watch brands want to use the 3 o'clock movements as it is much cheaper than having 4 o'clock ones specially produced. Therefore they put the date with just slightly off the 4 o'clock marker which you would only notice if you are looking for it. So if it is bang on 4 then you would need to change the date disc with the old one. But I would guess it is slightly off the 4 and the 3 disc would line up.