Hello from Willamette Valley Oregon USA

New to the forum but have been a lurker of the video's for a while. Great stuff!

Have been a watch buyer/seller/collector/crazy horologist for years starting mostly with Seiko dive watches and chronos with a few Rolex / Breitlings thrown in.   Lately have been regressing back to the Seiko stuff and wanting to get into servicing and repairing them.  Unfortunately I live in a horological wasteland so most of my watch needs are done via the internet.  Am about ready to retire and have started picking up the tools needed to do the work. Looking forward it!

Some of the current collection here:   http://pbase.com/tcartpilot/watches

• Like 1

Family owns a small plot of timber but never worked it.  Have worked on a few tractors though.  Nice thing about tractors is when you loosen a screw some part doesn't fly across the room!   Not like the yoke spring on an ETA 6497!  Did learn a bit about how to order new parts from that experience!

Welcome from York, PA where I go to watchmaking school!  A lot of watchmaking goes on here.  In addition to my school we have the School of Horology in Columbia, PA, the Lititz Watch Technicum and nearby Lancaster was once the home of Hamilton watch.

• Like 1

Welcome from the state to your south. Beautiful watches and plane you have there. I'm not sure if there are watch tool and parts suppliers closer to you, but I've had good experiences with Ofrei.com, in Oakland, CA.

Don

Hello Tcarpilot and welcome from me in N.E. UK,belatedly, as I just got back from a month in LA.

Sounds like you will fit right in here as there are a few aviators as well.

Cheers,

Vic