Long post - Draft???

Hi. I am planning on uploading a lengthy service walk through post. Is there a way to save a post as a draft so as not to lose work?

I also think it might take me a while to type this up, so might need to edit across a few sessions. If not, what is the recommended way to post such a walk through??

The forum settings allows edits only for a short time before posting, so you best approach is to either edit offline, or do it online but never rush posting. and use the preview button top right to make sure it looks as you desire.

16 minutes ago, clockboy said:

For lengthy posts I use notes (mac) and edit it before posting. 

No shortcut for adding the pictures to the offline text, right?? I suspect I just need to add them in manually after I upload the text.

4 hours ago, sstakoff said:

No shortcut for adding the pictures to the offline text, right?? I suspect I just need to add them in manually after I upload the text.

If you use attachments you have to do that online, if you host images somewhere else you can just insert the link using bbcode IMG tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my (belated) advice on a methodology for this:

1. Prepare your text offline, in word, or a simple text editor.
  2. Assemble your pictures in a logical order for uploading.
  3. Insert the text into the post using copy and paste
  4. Leave markers or paragraph spaces for photos in the appropriate sections of the text.
  5. Upload your photos in the correct order - they will appear as links at the foot of the post text.
  6. Using copy and paste, take the photo links and insert into the main text as required.
  7. Review - and Submit.

Cheers,

Will