Valjoux 7750 tale of woe shared

It has been a long time since I made a mistake or found myself crawling around the floor for a flyer but today I had a wake up call. 
I was in the process of assembling a Valjoux 7750 & hit a snag. When testing the keyless side I noticed that on the third position of the stem the setting wheel & the Intermediate setting wheels were not engaging correctly. At first I thought I had put something back wrong or perhaps I had fitted the wrong wheel for the setting wheel. I fiddled for a long while & I stripped back to find the fault. To my horror the stop lever (hack) end was twisted. 

What must of happened when I assembled the barrel & train wheel bridge the stop lever must have slipped & gone under it and hence it was stuck & restricted the movement of the sliding pinion. Luck has it parts are still available.

Lesson learn't always check the stop lever is free to move before assembling the keyless side

• Like 1

On one I built i had a similar experience...
When I put together the keyless works, mainspring stopped. It puzzled me for a few minutes, and then I took a deep look and the stop lever was stuck in there .. stopping the show ....

In this hobby/career you really learn from your mistakes !!!!

• 4 weeks later...