clockboy

Valjoux 7750 tale of woe shared

It has been a long time since I made a mistake or found myself crawling around the floor for a flyer but today I had a wake up call. 
I was in the process of assembling a Valjoux 7750 & hit a snag. When testing the keyless side I noticed that on the third position of the stem the setting wheel & the Intermediate setting wheels were not engaging correctly. At first I thought I had put something back wrong or perhaps I had fitted the wrong wheel for the setting wheel. I fiddled for a long while & I stripped back to find the fault. To my horror the stop lever (hack) end was twisted. 

What must of happened when I assembled the barrel & train wheel bridge the stop lever must have slipped & gone under it and hence it was stuck & restricted the movement of the sliding pinion. Luck has it parts are still available.

Lesson learn't always check the stop lever is free to move before assembling the keyless side

On one I built i had a similar experience...
When I put together the keyless works, mainspring stopped. It puzzled me for a few minutes, and then I took a deep look and the stop lever was stuck in there .. stopping the show ....

In this hobby/career you really learn from your mistakes !!!!