Hello from the watch and clock museum

Hello, I have just joined the forum. My name is Deborah Bell and I run a mechanical watch and clock museum with my mother, in Haltwhistle Northumberland- 'Mr George's Museum of Time'. The museum is based around a series of children's stories which my mum wrote about her father who was a watch and clock repairer in Northumberland- the 'Mr George the clockman stories'. My mum became a repairer herself and has a huge collection of watches, clocks, tools and parts so we decided to bring everything together so children could learn all about mechanical "proper" time and Mr George, and adults could look at the collection and reminisce. She still repairs both watches and clocks now and has her workshop on our museum premises!

Hope to chat to a few of you on here!

• Like 7

Hi, thanks everyone. The little girl on the CD cover is meant to be my mum when she was young (character name Dinah) with the two on either side being my grandad and grandma (Mr George and Cynthia are their character names!)

I've attached a few pictures of the museum and will take some of the workshop to share with you- it's currently pretty messy though- classic watch repairer! In our collection we have over 300 watches, over 100 clocks, loads of tools and parts and over 900 watch dials!

An engraved pocket watch movement.JPG

GEDC5938.JPG

GEDC5941.JPG

GEDC5942.JPG

GEDC5943.JPG

GEDC5953.JPG

GEDC5954.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WillFly said:

A belated welcome from me (just back from playing music in Devon) - what a great collection. I go up to Alnwick quite a lot, and will certainly look in when I'm next in the area.

Kind regards,

Will

Where in Devon WillFly? I live in Devon.

I have friends who live in Exeter. I was with them from Monday afternoon until Friday morning. We played music in the Passage House in Kingsteighnton on Monday, at the Teign House Inn in Christow on Tuesday, and at the Maritime Inn in Brixham on Thursday. I visit them every year and we make as much music as possible - always a great week for me.

Cheers,

Will

19 hours ago, WillFly said:

I have friends who live in Exeter. I was with them from Monday afternoon until Friday morning. We played music in the Passage House in Kingsteighnton on Monday, at the Teign House Inn in Christow on Tuesday, and at the Maritime Inn in Brixham on Thursday. I visit them every year and we make as much music as possible - always a great week for me.

Cheers,

Will

I'm about 12 miles from Exeter in the direction of Dartmoor.