Hi everyone

IFELL

Hey there,

my fascination with movements is dated way back at least good 10 years but finally now I have made the decision to sink deeper into the world of wheels and springs.

Anyway, living in Cardiff for a year now, but I am proud of my homeland, the Czech Republic, which has always been known for its quality craftsmanship (glass, jewels, ...) , including watches (Prim)

I am exited to be part of this community.

Thanks.

Thanks. I made a few purchases online on eBay for movements ready for repair. My initial goal is to study how to perform dismantling of a movement, cleaning and then assembling again.

We'll see how it goes. I'll make some pictures of the movements and post it somewhere here.

Hey, thanks again for the nice welcome :)

Yes I have purchased two books that focus on watch repairs and dismantle for beginners and enthusiasts.

Pictures coming very soon, on Saturday I received shipment from Cousinuk.com and I started some dismantling :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ifell and welcome,

I find that if you take a pic before and after you remove each part it helps when you put the watch back together and don't be too ambitious with your first watch perhaps a straight forward movement without day or date could be a good starter.  It may be a bit testing to start off with a complicated chronograph type.  Either way you will get help here.

Cheers,

Vic