Hi All

Came by this Tissot Antimagnetique recently at a boot fair in Surrey. The movement, as far as I can ascertain, is a 27.3 dating to 1945 and is very clean and working. It keeps good time and I'm pleased with it but is the stainless case right for this vintage? There are some watch repairers' dates scratched inside that seem to confirm the date, one of which is 25/5/49 coincidentally two days before I was born. The movement is numbered 1832876 and the case is numbered 6072-3  6076. The dial has a couple of discoloured patches either side of the 3 but is otherwise good with intact, but spent, lume on numerals and hands. Do you think it was worth the three quid I paid for it? :)

Sorry about poor quality pics.

Tissot.JPG

Tissot2.JPG

Tissot4.JPG

Tissot5.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lucasantarella
      Hi All,
      I recently replaced the movement for my Tissot PR50, which was a standard ETA F06.111. I now need to replace the crown as the old stem was broken into the crown and could not be re-used.
      Could someone point me in the right direction in finding a proper replacement crown? I don't know the size or how/where to measure to find a proper crown.
      Thank you!
    • By Bethan36
      Hi there. 
      Just starting out out on my Horology journey, have all the gear and trying to get an idea with the help of Mark and his online courses. 
      If anyone has any good websites, books, wisdom to share, I’m all ears and very greatful in advance!
      Thank
      Bethan
    • By rbfesquire
      Hi guys,
      Was wondering if you could help identify this movement. It has rusted and needs replacing!
      Unfortunately, there is no codes on it. It looks very similar to a Rotary I have, but looks a little wider.
      Kind regards,

Alan.

• By ramrod
      a couple of months ago i won a lanco on ebay. i liked it because it was a nice size it was in great shape. it was bought as a nonrunner. when i got it, i opened it up and realized that the movement is a tissot 2481 auto. i didn't know that lancos were tissots in disguise. i haven't worked on one yet and i'm wondering how easy it might be to service. has anyone worked on one?
      also, i noticed that the escape does not have the tiny screw adjuster on it. i can't figure out why it would be missing, but it might have something to do with the fact that it doesn't run.
      another thing; when i turn the crown, it must not be long enough because it sets the time. i can't push the crown in deep enough to wind it. someone cut the stem too short.
      so far i need; a new stem and a complete balance assembly.
      one more thing; when i turn the crown and the watch sets, only the hour hand moves. i haven't run into this type of issue before. what is broken inside to allow that to happen?
      i'll probably look for a spare movement and cannibalize it.

• By testlab
      Tissot T063.637.16.057 (ETA G15.561): It is possible to calibrate the date change moment? I've tested 3 watches, and they all had problem with date change moment: 1) 22:40, 2) 23:47, 3) 23:54. But other users report that they have date change exactly at 00:00, so may be it is possible to calibrate the moment when the date is changed?