New member from Scotland

Hi,

I have just gotten into mechanical watches via youtube and follow the channel. My current watches are a Seiko 5 SNK809 that I had to order from the US (why don't we sell affordable mechanicals in the UK any more), an Orient Tri-star that I just picked up on eBay which I love and is keeping even better time than the Seiko, and 3 cheap Roamers from eBay with FHF ST-96 movements that I suspect have been refurbishments from India.

I also have a Stuhrling Quartz that is my most expensive watch and also the biggest waste of money. It is far surpassed by the Casio - MW-59-7BVEF - Analogue Quartz that i picked up for £9.99 with free delivery from Italy.

Can anyone suggest some lupes worth buying, I have some very cheap ones. I am short-sighted but now have to wear varifocals.

Welcome, I use a Donegan Optivisor, but still need a loupe for close up work, it is a cheap one but it suits my needs, you can get 'clip on' magnifiers that fit on glasses or the whole setup, (LED lights + glasses), don't buy cheap and expect them to last. Good luck with your adventures in watches and nice avatar, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

• 1 month later...

Hello Richard, and welcome from me in Newcastle, not so far away.

there are quite a few visually challenged members and I am in that category.  The optivisor previously mentioned is a definite way forward as other glasses can be worn at the same time but you will tend to get quite a few devices as they catch your eye - pun intended. A few of us have even branched out into stereo microscopes.

Cheers,

Vic