Clueless....

I felt the need to post this because one, I thought it was funny and two, I hate seeing people lie just to make an extra buck.  I'll let you all be the judge;  is this Ebay seller a watchmaker or did they REALLY have this serviced? :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Bulova-17-Jewel-Wristwatch-New-Black-Leather-Band-Circa-1960s-Runs-Great/361565931184?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36897%26meid%3D438858c36b524826b45a2e1b71850fdb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D371630873507

Well, she had me until I saw "battery", LOL;)

Edited by jeffc83

perfect! this kind of stuff is rampant on the bay. i am very dubious of "just serviced" anyway. there's no way to tell unless there's a receipt to prove it. most watches coming from india are....ummm...."recently serviced".

Edited by ramrod
spelling

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

perfect! this kind of stuff is rampant on the bay. i am very dubious of "just serviced" anyway. there's no way to tell unless there's a receipt to prove it. most watches coming from india are....ummm...."recently serviced".

Well said my friend!  When I do part with my watches, (not yet on the bay) I will offer to include progress shots of my work along with a Timegrapher reading.  If the customer says "yes" and wants an explanation, I have it for them:)  

Those India deals were fantastic at one time!  (6 dollars plus shipping for a brand new case and 17 Jewel Chinese Movement)  I bought a bunch of them but not for the watches; I pulled the movements out and rebuilt them with genuine vintage parts.  One became a Waltham, another a custom Timex, etc.

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I've asked the seller for a good close up picture of the movement. :DI'll let you know what I get, more then likely a picture of another watch.

From the pics it appears this would be a "waterproof" model that Bulova produced, (full case back or one piece case) which means through the bezel access and two piece stem, likely seller won't go through process of removing movement, it's a bear to get male and female ends of stem to line up, at least it was for me on my first one. Glad it has new battery!!!!!:startle:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WileyDave said:

From the pics it appears this would be a "waterproof" model that Bulova produced, (full case back or one piece case) which means through the bezel access and two piece stem, likely seller won't go through process of removing movement, it's a bear to get male and female ends of stem to line up, at least it was for me on my first one. Glad it has new battery!!!!!:startle:

Yes I know all about that type of watch and its case. I just want to see what they say.

4 hours ago, bobm12 said:

"Cleaned & Oiled with New Battery & Band"

I can't believe he said that in the ebay add! NOTE: 17 jewels from the 60's!

Cheers,

Bob

I was hoping @oldhippy would get a picture of a quartz for some reason....I'm a little disappointed with their response to him;)