What other hobbies do you have?

My old pastime was restoring classic cars whilst I lived in the UK, since moving to Finland, I mostly work with watches, and clocks.  I did buy a T25 VW a couple of years ago which I restored, and sold it for a good profit, we now have a Saab Turbo, and I'm slowly putting my touch to it :)

Me it,s photography, gardening  & was looking after my second house in Italy. The later I have sold this year so more time for the watches/clocks, photography & gardening. Just recently I have been getting to grips with Adobe Lightroom which is a handful it,s just not like any other photo software I have used before. 

10 hours ago, clockboy said:

Me it,s photography, gardening  & was looking after my second house in Italy. The later I have sold this year so more time for the watches/clocks, photography & gardening. Just recently I have been getting to grips with Adobe Lightroom which is a handful it,s just not like any other photo software I have used before. 

I'm pretty good with Adobe Photoshop. One of the things I do but forgot to put down was I restore photos, comes in handy with genealogy.   

I have photoshop as well. However Lightroom is not a browser based programme. It does not store pic/vids but creates a catalog or catalogs where the meta data etc. and refs where your pics are stored on your HD. Moving the pics or re-naming them not using Lightroom causes issues. It is an excellent programme but I highly recommend reading how to use it first (I did not !!!)

Just taken up RC flying.

Brother bought me this last week and I'm hooked, all be it in 5 minute bursts as the battery is only 500mah [emoji35]

20160522_102302.jpg

Already ordered 6 x 1200mah batteries with a balanced charger so I can have at least an hours flight time on a rolling basis.

Soon as I've got the hang of it I can do a survey of our roof and chimney. Few tiles came loose during the high winds.

Finally arrived this morning but monsoon weather kept me tucked away indoors [emoji35]

20160607_14413_edit_1465318480397.jpg

Roll on so called "heatwave" and I'll head over to Richmond Park.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi:

1. I always wanted to learn how to weld.  I recently bought a Lincoln Electric Mig Welder (Metal Inert Gas).  I managed to get a couple of free lessons from the place I bought it from. They say Mig welding is the easiest way to start but I'm still struggling to make a straight bead.  I plan to enroll at my local vo-tech adult education school for a course in welding this Fall.  I plan to use this skill for small repairs and maybe some ornamental artwork. I'm also a woodworker.  Any other welders out there?

49 minutes ago, Timezone said:

Any other welders out there?

I've done a lot of welding, but not as a hobby.  Most of it was electric stick welding, but I have also done a fair bit of oxy-acetylene welding and brazing.

Welding like watchmaking is all about learning the touch required.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mention my hobby's in front of my partner, she will moan for hours, anyway, I have 5 marine aquariums so you could say I was into fish, I also played guitar (I have 6) until a neurological problem 5 years ago which has left my left hand almost useless, I collect stamps, I also collect watches I now have 37, thats enough for now.

• Like 1

Alienfox I think your my clone or I'm yours. I too am a reefer have guitars 9 of them and also had a neurological problem (stroke) which left my right hand a bit useless for picking I played lead. I collect and repair watches I have a few more than 37 tho I'll have to count them one day. Its all a bit spooky only thing is I haven't collected stamps since I was a kid. :D