Remove a BREITLING HANDS ETA 7750 CHRONO.

Hello, 

I have a hard time to remove the BREITLING ETA7750 chrono second hand, 

It is so tight ...I am afraid damaging the hand and chrono wheel inside. 

I need your suggestion ....thank you very much

7 hours ago, avkxyz said:

Thank you RO63, :biggrin:
Yes, its the same movement. However, I cannot remove the second counter Hand (the one on the center). It is so tight. I am afraid damaging the parts if I pull harder. . 

It can't be that tight, because its a very small small area of friction. However, someone wrote that it's easier to push small hands out with the dial itself (clear plastic applied for protection and loss prevention). 

• Like 1

A watchmaker friend of mine says that whenever he services a breitling that has never been serviced before, the seconds hand always comes off the tube. He just puts it back on with a staking set. I don't have any advice, that's just what I've heard about this, not sure if there is a way around it.

6 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

fit under the hand, and firmly pull upwards.

Absolutely, good advise, otherwise the tube may come apart and you will have to source another hand! This is very important since they are usually tight.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

On 2016/5/20 at 5:21 AM, HorologicalHobby said:

A watchmaker friend of mine says that whenever he services a breitling that has never been serviced before, the seconds hand always comes off the tube. He just puts it back on with a staking set. I don't have any advice, that's just what I've heard about this, not sure if there is a way around it.

It's a good advice indeed. Thank you 

On 2016/5/21 at 1:51 PM, SSTEEL said:

I usually remove the main chronograph hand with a presto tool, but not using it as normal, but to simply fit under the hand, and firmly pull upwards.

thank you SS Steel. 

On 2016/5/21 at 8:35 PM, bobm12 said:

Absolutely, good advise, otherwise the tube may come apart and you will have to source another hand! This is very important since they are usually tight.

Cheers,

Bob

It is not easy to source a original hand. I am afraid tube come apart. ...... 

On 2016/5/21 at 6:05 AM, HorologicalHobby said:

I didn't think you could reach the bottom of the hand tube, if it's exposed then it's by far the best option!

No you can't reach the bottom of the tube.  I am afraid tube come apart. .when pull harder..... 

On 2016/5/20 at 10:43 PM, jdm said:

It can't be that tight, because its a very small small area of friction. However, someone wrote that it's easier to push small hands out with the dial itself (clear plastic applied for protection and loss prevention). 

shouldn't be that tight...however they made it so tight to avoid it loosen ....