Greetings! Everyone!

Hi there! :D

My name is Peggy Walle. I live in eastern Oklahoma near the Arkansas border.

I recently started in Horology. I joined an online clock and watch repair video course and forum, and have already completed my first customer clock!

I'm not new to watch repair, in the fact my landlord years ago was a clock doctor, and I had the priviledge to work in his little clock shop!

I've always had an interest in taking things apart just to see how they are made, and put them back together. Since I'm a long-skilled person in crafts, my patience is well-practiced! I can get so engrosed on a project and hours go by!

I plan on opening a clock shop sometime in the near future, so I wanted to get a learning curve now. I'm enjoying it.

My biggest challenge is remembering where do all the parts go when I put it back together. :rolleyes:  I've purposed to take lots of pics and even make notes and drawings on paper, but then I can't read my writing! :lol: :lolu:

I have two Geneva pocket watches, and decided yesterday to break one down. Oh OH! Now how does it all go back together? I've looked all over the internet and YouTube, and found lots of watch repair video's but they don't match the Geneva pocketwatch I've got.. Oh well, it's practice for me and I "will" get it back together and running right...eventually!

Does anyone have any info for me? I am posting a pic of the watch.

post-195-0-80706900-1399840939_thumb.jpg

Here's a better close-up of the watch

post-195-0-19533500-1399840968_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forums Peggy,  there are people of all skill levels on here,  so you should get an answer to any questions you might have.

To me the watch in your photos looks like a regular Swiss movement at the cheaper end of the scale,  a lot of the watches in Mark's videos are similar layout and will give you an idea as to dismantling and reassembly.

Looks like a pin pallet movement.

The principles will be the same for most mechanical basic watch movements.

You have a power source, train of wheels, escapement, winding mechanism, and motion work

It's a good idea to have a notebook and a digital camera or mobile phone to take as many pics as needed so you can refer back to them when re-assembling.

Generally the order of disassembly would be to first let down any power from the spring. Then remove:

Motion work,

Escapement,

Train of wheels and barrel

Then the winding mechanism

Have fun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Marc! Ya, I do know the general run of the watch, I do have video's from my course. This particular one looked different than all the other pocket watches I looked at... even on EBay.

I know to take pics and notes while dissembling.. but  I forgot! I got so engrossed that I didn't think to grab the camera!  :pic:  I'm on a learning curve, and a valuable lesson learned! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've been thinking it over about how the parts came out, so I can probably get it together. It is my watch so if I don't get it working, I'll have extra parts. <_<