Upgraded magnifier setup for eyeglass wearer

I wear reading glasses & I used to use an optivisor when working on clocks. However when working on watches it just did not work for me so I inveseted in some loupes. For the majority of work these work great but for real close work ie inspecting jewels,pivots for damage & fitting shock springs I use a binocular microscope.

I took all your advice and starting using my reading classes instead of my progressive everyday glasses and it is much improved. Also I invested in a better 4x and 10x loupe and I find that they work fine with glasses off. Just the working distance changed a little. Quick question for clock boy. I was thinking about getting a stereo inspection scope for better jewel inspection and the ability to take a picture ? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two Scopes one over my lathe which is a Bausch & Lomb & the one on my workbench is an Olympus.

Both were purchased used the Bausch I found on the bay & the Olympus I purchased from http://pennyfarthingtools.co.uk.

& if interested they had others in stock 6 weeks ago, always worth a call as the web site is never up to date.