Solution: Breitling Navitimer 10s slow/d

This is not only a question but I will deliver the solution as well!

My Breitling Navitimer with the B01 movement was ever so accurate. Losing or gaining one second a day. Now, that I wore it after some time, it lost 5-10s per day!

I had the same problem right after I bought it and brought it to the place where I bought it and the watchmaker said it was magnetized. After I got it back she again was running perfectly.

Now I thought "Let's give it a try and put it on my cheap demagnetizer!" I did that for 5s pulling the watch away from the device while pressing the button.

Now, one day later she is back in perfect shape. Lost 0s in 24h!

Maybe this will help one of you in the future. Sometimes fixes are easy and cheap.

Cheers Alexander

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. That's interesting. I am using a Microsoft Surface and it has strong magnets all over the place (holding the keyboard, holding the pen on one side and folding the power connector on the other.

BTW I set my Navitimer 48h ago and it ist 1s fast! :)

At least know now how to cure it. BTW this is the cheap machine that helped. Highly recommended. I use ist regularly when working on movements.

Cheers Alexander

IMG_0214.JPG

Of course, I ordered it over ebay. It was shipped from UK to Germany for little money. I think I paid 15EUR incl. Shipping. I heard complaints on the web about poor quality. But not so with mine. No issues here.

Usage: You place the part / movement / tool you want to demagnetize over the spot above the button, press the button and keep it pressed, while you lift the part slowly up to 25cm / 10". Then it's done for small parts. I repeat this procedure two to three times with entire watches.

Cheers Alexander