Another newbie

Sowulo

Are you sure it is not a pivot bent or other component? I don't think dropping the watch would have caused the pins to move...just an opinion. Before you touch those, check everything else...and I mean, EVERYTHING!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. Check the pallet fork's pivots first...and hairspring/balance wheel next...including the impulse jewel.

I dont think either that dropping the watch could have caused pivots to move. But they have to be vertical. You can see it on this video at 17th minute 

Pallet fork looks fine to me (I might be wrong due to lack of experience). I have to check balance again

Yes, but that wasn't the original problem. Fix one first and then check the rest.

Right now you need the watch running, after that you'll check for making it running properly. But first things first....don't change many things at a time. Change one and check, if it doesn't work, put back and change another and check...and so on. Otherwise, how would you know what is wrong and/or gain experience? Be patient, methodical and take your time...if you don't fix it today, you'll fix it tomorrow...or the next day. Once you have "the know" the other watches will be fixed faster and better. 

• 2 weeks later...

One side of shock jewel spring was undone. Do you think that might be the case?

Also what would be the cleaning procedure? I'm thinking about ultrasound cleaner as I can't realy afford propper cleaning machine. What kind of cleaning solutions do I need? How many rinses? Same solution for rinsing? TIA

Anything with shellac should be AWAY from alcohol...NO ALCOHOL ON SHELLAC: i.e. pallet fork and hairspring assembly. Fro those use naphtha/Ronsonol/LighterFluid.

For the rest you can use the ultrasonic with the appropriate (non flammable) fluids/chemicals and/or clean everything in Ronsonol by hand.

My other hobby is fountain pens so I know alcohol dissolves shellac. What is appropriate fluid? I need names :). There so many of them so don't even know where to start. Do I need more than one? Are they based on ammonia? It must be hell of a stinky procedure... 

On 5/11/2016 at 11:31 PM, Sowulo said:

I've found difficult to determine where the end of the tweezers are while looking through an eyepiece. Couple of times I poked in to movement.

You can try a binocular visor. 

• 2 weeks later...