Seiko calibers and amplitude, please help.

Hi,
I have three Seiko watches,
a SKX007 with 7S26, a Monster with 4R36, a SARB033 with 6R15.

7S26 has an incredible amplitude of 310°

4R36 has a normal amplitude of 280°

6R15 has a low amplitude of 250°

When fully wounded the 6R15 goes up to 280° but after five or ten minutes the ampltidue goes down to 250° when face up.

The watch is pretty new, is this something I should worry about? Should I service my watch? The watch has been worned for at max 6 months and it has 1 years of life, worned every 15 days at least.

Thanks

Edited by sblantipodi

If it's under warranty then I would send it back, have you tried demagnetising it first?

I haven't much experience with the Japanese stuff, but would personally be more concerned if the amplitude was dropping by much in the hanging positions, 250 degrees in the flat position is not good but if it's dropping down to the 220 mark in the hanging positions then I would say there is a problem.

10 hours ago, Tiktok said:

If it's under warranty then I would send it back, have you tried demagnetising it first?

I haven't much experience with the Japanese stuff, but would personally be more concerned if the amplitude was dropping by much in the hanging positions, 250 degrees in the flat position is not good but if it's dropping down to the 220 mark in the hanging positions then I would say there is a problem.

in the hanging position it switch from 250° to 240°.

how long the max amplitude of 280° should last after a full manual winding?

if I manual wind the watch it goes up to 280° but it retain that amplitude for no more than 10 minutes on the timegrapher, after 10 minutes it goes down to 250°.

Totally agree with JDM, all the Seiko's I have - 35 in all mostly 6xxx & 7xxx from early 1960's onwards - are all lazy amps. This is a common trait of Seiko movements & isn't a problem. 

• Like 3

Go with Jdm, as said I don't have have a lot of experience with seiko calibres, 250 in general for a watch is not good but if he is saying 250 is normal for this calibre then go with that. I also said I would be more concerned if it's dropping a lot in the hanging positions, it isn't so everything seems like it's ok. 

Did you try demagnetising it first, just out of interest?

On 30/4/2016 at 9:50 AM, Tiktok said:

Go with Jdm, as said I don't have have a lot of experience with seiko calibres, 250 in general for a watch is not good but if he is saying 250 is normal for this calibre then go with that. I also said I would be more concerned if it's dropping a lot in the hanging positions, it isn't so everything seems like it's ok. 

Did you try demagnetising it first, just out of interest?

yes, I tried it. nothing changed.
it seems that the general consensous is that 250° amplitude is normal, so ok, I'm glad that I have no problem here :)
thank you all guys.

PS: This forum works very very very bad with chrome, I need to use firefox in order to make it work decently.

3 hours ago, sblantipodi said:

PS: This forum works very very very bad with chrome, I need to use firefox in order to make it work decently.

Works good for me with Chrome. There is a section where to report site problems.

Edited by jdm