Help a begginer with a 2836-2 problem

I'm fairly new to the watch world, but I like to tinker and needed a new hobby...so down the rabbit hole I've gone :)

I have a 2836-2 that I've been tinkering with just to get used to working on a movement. 

Please bear with me as I'm not up on all my nomenclature, but here's my problem.

I was working on resetting the keyless. I went about it from the back, then the front(under the dial and date wheel). 

After getting everything back together the crown will wind the watch, and it feels like it's winding the hands, but it won't turn the date wheel!?
I tried winding the hours thru to see if it would change the date that way but it doesn't. It seems to let loose if that makes sense when the date should change then just spins freely. If I push the crown back in then pull it out again it engages, changing the hours until it slips again. 

Sry for not being technical as I'm still learning. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I've included some pics if that helps...
Also a quick video...

Any help would be greatly appreciated....I'm sure I screwed something up but can't seem to figure it out...and yes I have looked at the manual too.

Thanks in advance.

20160425_210614.jpg

20160425_211414.jpg

20160425_211518.jpg

20160425_211653.jpg

20160425_212022.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by the combined setting lever jumper?

I pushed the top of the setting lever over so that it engaged the end of the clutch lever and I believe the bottom of it is engaging the set lever.  Again sorry, still trying to wrap my head around the different names of all the part.

Nope that wheel was there, just didn't get it in the picture.  I tore everything down again last night and tried again to no avail...then just needed to step away from it.  However I did get the date to change by winding the hands/time..but not fully.  I'll give it another go here tonight or tomorrow night.  And pics/vids that I should try and take for you guys?

Dum question but it looks like you are winding the crown backwards? And the hands spin backwards. Are you sure you are winding it in the right direction? I could be wrong? But in the video it looks like it's going backwards? 

25 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Dum question but it looks like you are winding the crown backwards? And the hands spin backwards. Are you sure you are winding it in the right direction? I could be wrong? But in the video it looks like it's going backwards? 

Not going to have a chance until this weekend to get back into this unfortunately.  

I was winding it forward, clockwise looking at the crown.

Thanks everyone for all the tips, I'll be sure to go thru each one...hopefully I can get this straightened out!

• Like 1

I think this video could solve your question? 

Have the same problem with a 2824-2 until i found out that the swan neck spring end should press on the lever . You could see it in the video . Easy fix. Around 3,05 he put the spring right where it should be. But watch the whole video. 

Edited by rogart63

Back into this tonight. 

The minute train bridge wasn't set correctly.   I tore the whole thing down again and rebuilt the keyless,  set the minute train bridge correctly,  popped on the date wheel and I get the same damn thing.  I'm just getting frustrated! 
Here are some more pics,  with the minute train bridge removed and I'll try to explain what I think is wrong/ isn't working to my novice eyes...
Pic one the crown is in position 1...it winds the movement perfectly...
Pic two is with the crown in the date set position (2)....In this position the sliding pinion and/or winding pinion aren't engaging anything. 
Pic three is with the crown all the out,  time setting position, everything engages again..
I feel like I'm missing something easy.   I made sure the jumper was "latched over" at the top and hooked at the bottom. Don't think I over tightened it or the minute train bridge when I reassembled it.....
If you need more pictures or a better look at something please let me know.  If I need to post step by step of everything I do I will.. I do have the ETA tech papers here too.  
Trust me I'm stubborn and going to get this figured out,  just feel like I'm spinning my wheels doing the same things over and over. 

Thanks again guys! 

1461980619103-1428097447.jpg

14619806665971059805419.jpg

1461980757503-211802785.jpg