canthus

High Quality Movements/Cases etc

Came across this E*** site whilst trawling for stuff.  Thought it may be useful to others.  They have some nice bits of quality parts etc for sale. Swiss based.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SWISS-MADE-TIME/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=28442601&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Anybody want to try this out!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETA-2824-2-CREATIVE-2-LAYER-Dial-34-3mm-WHITE-/131380565718?hash=item1e96e456d6

Edited by canthus

• Similar Content

• By Mickeycz
      Hello,

I'm new here and into watch/horology world as well. I recently tried to replace the dial on my 7750 watch.
      1) Open the wathc case
      2) removed rotor
      3) removed stem (gentle push of remove stem pusher and pull the stem out)
      4) removed the movement from the case
      5) put movment to movement holder
      6) removed hands
      7) removed dial
      8) put new dial
      9) pressed the hands back, hovewer during setting it up I realized the movement is not running - even when I wind it up - it is solid/stable and not ticking at all.. 
      Kind of out of ideas what can went wrong, the movement was functional correctly before..

Thank you for any ideas.
      Mickey

• By toptime810
      Here are just a few of my homemade dials I would like to know your thoughts. Can make them fit any case and any caliber movement. I prefer raised dia

• By sunday
      Hello, I'm building a watch using a Sellita SW200 and I bought an ETA 2824 dial.  The dial has four feet and so does my movement, but they don't line up, the ones on the dial are too far apart relative to the movement.  I think if I cut off two feet I can make it fit but I'm not 100% sure.
      Is this a common scenario?
    • By AdamC
      Hello,
      I know this is a long shot but would anyone happen to have the technical sheet for the ETA 1164. I acquired this little beauty on ebay; a non-runner from the USA, which needs a lot of TLC. I've never tackled anything quite like this one but fancied the challenge. However, I'm not 100% sure yet whether the everything on the bottom plate under the dial is complete - can anyone confirm? The top plate however looks fine. The watch back is stamped "Seeland Watch Co. Swiss" - having looked it up, it appears Frederick Seeland was once CEO for IWC! Nice historical timepiece once I've restored it. I've added a few photos for reference (yes, I've removed the balance ).
      Thanks in advance.

• By dangerousDabbler
      Hi WRT community!
      Full-time graduate student and aspiring amateur watch-tinker-er here. My first watch was a quartz victorinox gifted from my grandma when I was 12 years old and thus began a (so-far) life-long appreciation for watches of all kinds.
      I have only recently started tinkering with watches myself - trying to repair some old Seiko movements from ebay - and came across this forum a few months ago. I am currently amidst my first foray into building a watch using various parts from ebay, and was hoping I could mine the wealth of wisdom here for some advice before I pull the trigger on a watch case. My question is this: I have a 33.5 mm watch dial, and the case I am interested in fits a 33 mm dial normally. Given the 0.5mm discrepency between the case and dial, would I still be able to fit my dial into the case? Or is it better to find a case made for a 33.5 mm dial?
      Looking forward to learning more from you all, and growing this hobby!

Best,
      Dave