Slipping min/hour hands on an AS 1802/03

Cleaned this watch greased the third wheel friction pinion and fit it back via hand pressure. This set up is differnt from the higher grade AS (Rotary) on Mark's video. The rotary has a third wheel with an integrally fitting pinion. The 1803 has the friction pinion on the opposite side of the pillar plate.

After noting that the second hand worked fine and the min & hour hands started then stopped I investigated. The hands moved too freely and weren't engaged. I took the movement apart again and the 3rd wheel friction pinion was loose. Not sure what to do now to make sure it stays on properly.

If I remember right because its a few years since working on watches, their isn't much to play with in trying to tighten the wheel so if possible I would look for a replacement. Just a thought have you used the correct oil or grease, its friction tight once they loosen up you can't really tighten them.

I'm having the same problem with a AS 1904 day date second hand runs fine hour and minute hands a dead nothing na na . I've broke down  this movement 3 times now checked all parts and springs but nothing seems broken or loose so unless I'm putting something together wrong I'm at a loss.

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

If I remember right because its a few years since working on watches, their isn't much to play with in trying to tighten the wheel so if possible I would look for a replacement. Just a thought have you used the correct oil or grease, its friction tight once they loosen up you can't really tighten them.

I used moebius 9501 and I'm pretty sure that was the correct choice.

6 hours ago, Cad101 said:

I'm having the same problem with a AS 1904 day date second hand runs fine hour and minute hands a dead nothing na na . I've broke down  this movement 3 times now checked all parts and springs but nothing seems broken or loose so unless I'm putting something together wrong I'm at a loss.

If your third wheel set up is OK I would wonder about the minute wheel and the correct placement of the pillar plate spring on the opposite side of that arbor.