Chinese Timegraphers

The  Chinese have a interesting sense a humor for marketing Various spellings of Witschi Which can be found at the site below. Very very nice timing machines unfortunately rather expensive.

http://www.witschi.com/en/home.html

Another option for timing machine because it's in a very similar price range is the 1900. Both the 1000 1900 Are functionally very similar except 1900 has some added features and  a much nicer display with smaller pixels. Then because it's color display there are some other modes because they can change the color display. One of the more useful things is the display mode where you see 96 seconds and still another mode which will display 192 seconds.

post-673-0-67547900-1426133236_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-42528900-1426133237_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-89428800-1426133237_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

hi guys, i have just leapt into the 21st century and invested? in a timegrapher 1900 haven't got it out the box yet but read the instructions which took all of 5 minutes what a let down i was expecting at least some screen shots of faults or what to look for so what i need is some advice or is there some docs somewhere to download, thanks lads

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, having used my timegrapher for the last two weeks and wondering before if it was worth getting i now wonder how i managed with out one, but now i have a little question, i have a movement on it that that does what it should for about a couple of seconds then goes to the home screen and then back again to the evaluating screen and so on, the movement is working fine thro this and the machine is fine with another movement, just wondered if anyone else has had this prob, thanks, steve

• 2 months later...

Hello Folks,

Good news - I took delivery of a "2015 New Coaxial LCD MTG Watch Tester Timing Multifunction Timegrapher NO.1900" yesterday - Birthday present from my gorgeous wife. :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Bad News - I did have to pay duty (£20.00) to DHL prior to delivery :thumbsd:

Worse News - It was immediately confiscated by said wife and I am not allowed to even look at it until my birthday  :startle: 

Oh well just have to survive until then :beerhat:

Cheers,

Vic

• Haha 1

Hello Folks,

Good news - I took delivery of a "2015 New Coaxial LCD MTG Watch Tester Timing Multifunction Timegrapher NO.1900" yesterday - Birthday present from my gorgeous wife. :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Bad News - I did have to pay duty (£20.00) to DHL prior to delivery :thumbsd:

Worse News - It was immediately confiscated by said wife and I am not allowed to even look at it until my birthday :startle:

Oh well just have to survive until then :beerhat:

Cheers,

Vic

Lucky guy Vic. I wish my wife gave me presents like that[emoji1]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have been using a 1900 since March last year (curiously enough also a birthday present from my lovely wifey) and have to say that it is quite a good machine for the money. I think you would have to spend a heck of a lot more to get any kind of a meaningful upgrade on it.

Hello Marc,

Thats good to hear. 

I did the research that I could looking at the opinions and have to say that you have come up with the same opinion as me.  At first I was looking at the 1000 but for the difference in price it seemed worth it.  It seems to be a good balance between cost and efficacy.  And of course there were some resounding recommendations from other forum members like old George ;) .

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I am thinking about buying a timegrapher.  I have seen some on Alibaba for about $150 including shipping costs.  Has anyone here tried one of these?  They are made by Wei Shi and are offered in 120  or 110 watt models.  The model I have looked at is the #1000.  Comments, praise, and criticism are welcomed.  Help me make a decision.  

very useful, they work great and save lots of time/aggro.

I have the 1900.  differences to the 1000 are color screen so the tick and tock are different colors and the pixels are smaller than the 1000; graphing display can be changed to show longer time ranges and has a couple different curves; resolution is .1 instead of 1.0 for some measurements: lift angle and fast/slow and the 1900 does "signal conditioning" or some other unknown mumbo jumbo.

i don't know if any of those are worth the price premium (other than the color screen) but I got it for the same price as the 1000, so it was kind of a no-brainer for me.

btw, the sound it makes is not the actual sound of the watch - it's generated by the tester.  which is kinda lame, imo.

Edited by Hertzogpholian
  • Like 1

On 19. april 2016 at 0:36 AM, Bill3 said:

I am thinking about buying a timegrapher.  I have seen some on Alibaba for about $150 including shipping costs.  Has anyone here tried one of these?  They are made by Wei Shi and are offered in 120  or 110 watt models.  The model I have looked at is the #1000.  Comments, praise, and criticism are welcomed.  Help me make a decision.  

http://watchguy.co.uk/improvements/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maclerche said:

For 15x the money of the Chinese one, you get a bigger display (that is harder to read), and it shows exactly the same beat rate, amplitude, etc. as the Chinese one. Down to the last s/d. But you can do Omega co-axial escapements on it, so there is some advantage. And I can call myself serious now 

Christian at his best. Always straight and down to earth. Try asking some other "watchmaker" about their $5,000 timing machine sporting  a lo-res display straight back from the 80s, they will tell you that it's unique, inimitable, and worth more than what it cost.