Chinese Timegraphers

The 1900 give you the option to manually select the beat. This can be very useful. The 1000 is very limited in this respect. Having said that, the 1000 is excellent for majority of watches you would work on, no good for co-axials but good for the most common beat ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The newer Timegrapher 1000 works on Co-axials as well as option to manually select the beat rate. My understanding is that the limitations of the older 1000 (as per Mark's comments) were not hardware limitations but rather software's. If you get a new Timegrapher 1000 today you should be able to use it on Co-axial as well as manually select the beat rate. For common beat rate, you could just set it to Auto (e.g. 12000, 14400, 18000, 19800, 21600, 25200, 28800, 36000, 43200). For not so common beat rate, you can select manual beat rate.

The following is a video of my Omega Co-Axial 3313 on newer Timegrapher 1000 (DD position, Lift Angle 38 degree, Beat rate set to Auto).

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I am looking at getting a timing machine and cleaning machine for home use, but I am not yet ready to shell out for a Witschi (still in school).

Does anyone have any experience with the timing machine that Otto Frei sells here? It's a Chinese model, the Graiger-1000. If I order it through O. Frei, I can get it for a little bit more than what the manufacturer sells it for on Alibaba (and I won't have to pay any duties on it). Also, I would love to get a printer for it if possible. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Regarding cleaning machines, I am thinking about getting a mid-size generic jewelry ultrasonic and just using different beakers for my cleaning and rinse solutions. Would this be a serviceable "hack" until I have the funds to get a better ultrasonic?

Thanks in advance!

Hi watchmakingjourney,

I believe several of us use those 2 solutions you describe. I do myself and have not problem. I guess you'll be OK with them.

And welcome to the forum.

Bob

Thank you for the reply! I had a feeling that the cheaper set-up would be just fine for now. Since I'm not working ATM, I need to make sure that I am spending my money wisely.

• 1 month later...

If in the UK try to buy from a EU seller, that way you will avoid possible import duty & VAT. I bought a 1900 recently from a UK seller advertised as UK stock. Unfortunately they had run out and imported one direct from China at no extra cost & it arrived within 2 weeks, plus they kept me well informed. They still advertise on fleabay but have changed the item location to China.

• Like 1

I got mine from China , I was a bit concerned but it all worked out ok and didn't pay any additional costs , but for this Christmas I got a waterproof pressure tester again from China and had to pay £26 fees to UPS , well my daughter did as she bought it for me 

• 2 months later...

That looks exactly the same as the one I have although the name is different. It serves me very well and I wouldn't be without it. There may well be better machines, but at the price you won't get better. :)