Legarm

Chinese Timegraphers

is the Is price difference from the Timegrapher 1000, to the 1900 worth it?

Any input appreciated as will be purchasing one soon. Don' want to waste money that could then be spent on more movements ..... :)

The 1900 give you the option to manually select the beat. This can be very useful. The 1000 is very limited in this respect. Having said that, the 1000 is excellent for majority of watches you would work on, no good for co-axials but good for the most common beat ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The newer Timegrapher 1000 works on Co-axials as well as option to manually select the beat rate. My understanding is that the limitations of the older 1000 (as per Mark's comments) were not hardware limitations but rather software's. If you get a new Timegrapher 1000 today you should be able to use it on Co-axial as well as manually select the beat rate. For common beat rate, you could just set it to Auto (e.g. 12000, 14400, 18000, 19800, 21600, 25200, 28800, 36000, 43200). For not so common beat rate, you can select manual beat rate.

The following is a video of my Omega Co-Axial 3313 on newer Timegrapher 1000 (DD position, Lift Angle 38 degree, Beat rate set to Auto).

With a little help from Santa's £'s this xmas I'm looking to purchase a Timegrapher 1000, problem is where to get it from. Ebay seems the place although they vary so much in price. All from China. Any recomendations??..

I bought mine directly from China two years ago. It took about three weeks to arrive, but it saved me a fair bit of money.

Check this out:-

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-Timegrapher-1000.html?initiative_id=SB_20141231031713&site=glo&groupsort=1&SortType=price_asc&shipCountry=uk&SearchText=Timegrapher+1000

If in the UK try to buy from a EU seller, that way you will avoid possible import duty & VAT. I bought a 1900 recently from a UK seller advertised as UK stock. Unfortunately they had run out and imported one direct from China at no extra cost & it arrived within 2 weeks, plus they kept me well informed. They still advertise on fleabay but have changed the item location to China.

I got mine from China , I was a bit concerned but it all worked out ok and didn't pay any additional costs , but for this Christmas I got a waterproof pressure tester again from China and had to pay £26 fees to UPS , well my daughter did as she bought it for me 

hi guys, i have just leapt into the 21st century and invested? in a timegrapher 1900 haven't got it out the box yet but read the instructions which took all of 5 minutes what a let down i was expecting at least some screen shots of faults or what to look for so what i need is some advice or is there some docs somewhere to download, thanks lads

hi guys, having used my timegrapher for the last two weeks and wondering before if it was worth getting i now wonder how i managed with out one, but now i have a little question, i have a movement on it that that does what it should for about a couple of seconds then goes to the home screen and then back again to the evaluating screen and so on, the movement is working fine thro this and the machine is fine with another movement, just wondered if anyone else has had this prob, thanks, steve

Hello Folks,

Good news - I took delivery of a "2015 New Coaxial LCD MTG Watch Tester Timing Multifunction Timegrapher NO.1900" yesterday - Birthday present from my gorgeous wife. :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Bad News - I did have to pay duty (£20.00) to DHL prior to delivery :thumbsd:

Worse News - It was immediately confiscated by said wife and I am not allowed to even look at it until my birthday  :startle: 

Oh well just have to survive until then :beerhat:

Cheers,

Vic

Hello Folks,

Good news - I took delivery of a "2015 New Coaxial LCD MTG Watch Tester Timing Multifunction Timegrapher NO.1900" yesterday - Birthday present from my gorgeous wife. :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Bad News - I did have to pay duty (£20.00) to DHL prior to delivery :thumbsd:

Worse News - It was immediately confiscated by said wife and I am not allowed to even look at it until my birthday :startle:

Oh well just have to survive until then :beerhat:

Cheers,

Vic

Lucky guy Vic. I wish my wife gave me presents like that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Good news,

My lovely wife has advised me to check it out to make sure it is ok before putting it away till B Day.

Bye, can't stop, urgent business to attend to :cool:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Padd
      Hello Everyone,
      Padd here from the UK.
      It all started with a desire to fix a Submariner replica I bought off a lucky lucky man in Pisa, Italy while on a European tour.
      Next thing I know I'm investigating Submariner replicas and building my own, signed by me, using a Seagull ST2130 movement, adventure watch.
      Now I'm hooked, I took inspiration from Marks videos, now I'm happily starting to work on parts of the movement, and have recovered one or two movements where the stem came out, but wouldn't stay back in. I have built a few watches for friends and relations, but now I need to be able to service them when they come back to me.
      I also have a couple of movements that run really badly, so I will be practising on those over the winter weekends. Full repair/servicing kit IS my Christmas present.
      I really want to get one of those ST2130's, serviced and tweaked by me, doing a -------------------------- on my timegrapher. not a -.'-.'''--,'.'.' (and worse) that they do at the moment.
      I wont start to list my watch collection, but it runs from a Casio digital to a Rolex pocket watch with Seikos, Citizens, Omegas and home builds in the mix.
      Must do Mark's course, but I'm afraid I may have already learned 60+% of it already.

• By PJA
      Just in case, I came across this "Watch-O-Scope" software. To those who have a need for it. Also here is an instructional video how to install. I hope it will help somebody here.
    • By maclerche
      I have gotten hold on a Elma Star vibrograf. Does anyone know if you can still buy paper and carbon for this machine?  

• By SteveT
      I was wondering how do the timegrapher phone app's out there compare to a dedicated bench top machine. I'm guessing it's all down to the piezoelectric pickup? I installed tickoprint on my phone the other day. But to get the full features you need to shell out $30, if you then also have to shell out for a piezoelectric mic, then you are almost at the same price point as a cheap chinese bench top machine!