Greetings from the Wall

Hello everyone,

I'm Eric from Newcastle upon Tyne, England. I have only recently acquired an interest in watch repair after my old pocket watch gave up the ghost and was quoted twice the value of it to get it repaired. I have a very basic set of tools on order from Amazon and have started looking at very cheap watches for repair on ebay so I can start practising. I'm signing up here to try and expand my knowledge for when I am up and running.

Kind regards

Eric

Hello Eric,

Welcome to the forum from me in Wideopen.

My tip is to take a pic before and after you remove each part from the watch - it is so much easier to put them back together if you have a reference point and you can always delete them if you dont want to keep them.

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 1

Hopefully it will be a while before I really need them but I'll get the habit of taking them. My main strategy at this point is to tinker and to "get to know" the watches I work on. Hopefully I'll be able to find enough cheap watches on ebay and in charity shops that I don't need to worry about ruining to get enough experience to actually properly mend watches.