Just Had To Have It!

I already have an Omega bumper which is one of my favourites, so when I saw this Lanco bumper I couldn't resist bidding for it. Hopefully it won't take too much effort to turn it into a nice watch when it arrives!

post-124-0-21880400-1398974508_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-00372400-1398974533_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-70671700-1398974565_thumb.jpg

What sort of plans have you got for it in terms of refurbishing?

Elwick

I'll have to see it in the metal first, but definitely a new crystal and possibly re-chromed.

The watch arrived today and I'm well pleased with it.

The watch is as old as me (1951) and definitely in better condition. It has a heavy chrome finish that is in such good condition I will just give it a wash and a very light polish, the crystal an the other hand is suffering from age related fatigue cracks and will be getting replaced. If the stem is pulled out and the the hands gently turned clockwise, it starts up and ticks away nicely. It only stops when pressure is released, so hopefully a strip down and full service should have it up and running.

The Lanco 1232 bumper calibre seems to be a bit of a rare beast, so if anyone has any information regarding the history of it, I really appreciate hearing about it.