Movement holder; which one to buy?

Endeavor

5 minutes ago, vinn3 said:

the  plastic "nest"  is very  usefull !  I use mine a lot.  the old  wooden  blocks are good also. I have ordered a couple of the new style from E BAY. I should take a pix of  all the  "fixtures" I use to hold mvt.'s;  vinn

Can you keep a mov.t running with dial and hands on these holders?  I like the traditional style because the lower cuts allow the sweep hand to turn.

I can't think of a good reason to require a decased movement to be in a holder in order to run. 

Edit: actually on second thought I might have misunderstood, It's not that a movement needs a holder to run, but you need a holder that will still allow a movement to run, I'm guessing. 

Edited by Ishima

12 hours ago, Ishima said:

Edit: actually on second thought I might have misunderstood, It's not that a movement needs a holder to run, but you need a holder that will still allow a movement to run, I'm guessing. 

Yes. Having cuts in two sizes as in the first picture posted, allows a movement with a sweep hand to run when sitting on the top one.