Seiko SARB 065 Stem removal advice

Hello, 

This is my first attempt at any type of watch repair. I dropped my Seiko SARB 065 on my tile floor while adjusting the band. The minute or second hand is slightly ajar. The second hand stops right before it's directly over the minute hand. 

I'm trying to remove the stem so I can get at the front side of the dial and lightly adjust one of the hands.  How do I release the stem? I've enclosed a photo of the back with the stem in the last click position. Please point me to the magic release spot. 

Thank you, 

Philip

20160405_193456-1.jpg

Hi Philip,

Welcome to the forum.

First you need to push the crown all the way in and you will notice the little lever on the top left of your picture, one "leg" resting on the stem, that will move and show its other "leg" with a dimple on it. That dimple is the one you push down gently and while pushing it, you pull the crown out. It should release and let you do that.

Cheers,

Bob

JDM, 

The "Cocktail Time" is a beautiful watch. Oddly enough, only two people have ever asked about it during my days at work. But put on a Samsung Gear Fit on my right wrist and the questions fly left and right.