ETA 2783 - Dial Feet

I've scoured the usual sources, including the ETA Customer Service site, but I can't seem to find a cross reference for the dial feet locations on an ETA 2783 compared with the 2824 or 2836 movements.  Many aftermarket dials are advertised as fitting these latter movements and if I can determine whether the location and diameter of their dial holes match my 2783, then I'm sure to succeed with an aftermarket dial.

The dial feet holes on the 2783 are at (eye-balling) 11 minutes and 41 minutes, and center-to-center diameter of 24.0mm.

Any suggestions for a data source?  Anyone have a 2824 or 2836 sitting on their bench and their calipers close at hand and bounce me a reply with a measurement as above?

Thanks as always.

I found the answer to my question - the Ofrei site offers dials to fit 2801, 2824, 2836, etc and their site cross referenced the 805.111/4 series as fitting the same dials, so I looked up the 805.112 on the ETA SA Customer Portal ( http://www.eta.ch/index.php?id=7&L=2 )  and there is indeed a spec drawing:    Doesn't match the 2873 at all, regrettably.

Now, on to Plan B - which I'm sure I'll determine soon. 

BTW, anyone done a dial swap on an ETA 2783?  Dial dots the answer?  Anyone ever successfully add/move dial feet?  Any advice (other than 'stick to bicycle repair') welcome.

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

I wouldn't know about the position of the dial feet you are looking for but -- as far as I know -- only people with the right equipment (soldering machine, etc) have been completely successful in achieving this dial feet replacement/repositioning. When I have this problem, I use stick on dial feet available from many vendors and/or double sided tape designed for the purpose (also from many vendors. I try to avoid this solution as much as I can though.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Bob

I should have been quicker on the draw....

I have examples of both 2783 and 2836 in my parts bin so I just tried swapping them out and no joy.

So I then went on to measure the dial feet location as best as I could and the results are as attached.

Basically both movements have dial feet that are 0.72mm diameter, diametrically opposite each other on 24.8mm centres, but displaced by 5 degrees between the two movements, so they will fit but nothing will line up.

ETA dial feet.pdf

I Conquer with Bob,

I have use thin two sided tape countless times setting a dial with broken legs! it works as long as you are careful not to put any tape over a date wheel where it might get stuck and interfere with the free rotation of the date wheel.

but like I said used it with date wheels and so forth just need to pay attention.

last month saw one of the watches I did 3 years ago and it was still going strong[emoji1303]

• Like 1