Another New Member Saying Hello!

Elwick

hi,

I've been browsing the forum for a few weeks and watching many of Mark's superb video clips.

I've always been interested in watches, ever since I was a kid, maybe inherited from my Dad who proudly wore his 80's Omega Seamaster every day, even though he had a pretty tough working life as a mechanic and delivering coal.

I have a nice Omega diver that I love to bits, although it has had a fairly hard life e.g. scratches to the case and bezel.  I wouldn't dream of doing any work myself on a decent watch.  Once I've worked out how to post photos I'd be interested in opinions on whether I should have it restored  (probably at great cost) or just keep it as is and enjoy the 'patina'.

I do have a few old watches that I've picked up over the years.  None worth a great deal - some are none runners or stop/start and I have challenged myself to get to the point where I can maybe do a service on them - get to know how they work and perhaps maybe improve the condition.

So please bear with me if I'm asking some fairly basic questions.....

E

A warm welcome to the the forum Elwick.

I particularly liked your introduction, there are all levels of horological interest and skills on here. I'm fairly new to the forum and only started working on watches about two and a half years ago. I have fount this to be a friendly and very helpful place, definitely one of the best forums I have been involved with. I look forward to your input, and like you I'm particularly interested in Omega watches.

Nice avatar!

• 2 weeks later...