Your favourite music thread.

I'm still on 4.9.5

Didn't upgrade as so many bad reviews every time an update came out.

Worked perfectly until the forum update.

IPBoard 3 will lose all support, including security patches by next year. I had to upgrade to IPBoard 4.

And this involved updating the Tapatalk plugin to the latest version.

There's no getting away from it - at some point you will need to upgrade your Tapatalk client.

In terms of bad reviews - my Tapatalk client is the latest update from the iOS App Store and I'm having no more problems than before. I have always found Tapatalk to be buggy and glitchy from time to time, but for the most part, fairly stable.

IPBoard 3 will lose all support, including security patches by next year. I had to upgrade to IPBoard 4.

And this involved updating the Tapatalk plugin to the latest version.

There's no getting away from it - at some point you will need to upgrade your Tapatalk client.

In terms of bad reviews - my Tapatalk client is the latest update from the iOS App Store and I'm having no more problems than before. I have always found Tapatalk to be buggy and glitchy from time to time, but for the most part, fairly stable.

Thanks Mark.

I have always resisted uodating apps if they ain't broken. Also, having read people complaining about intrusive ads makes me even more hesitant.

50 minutes ago, ro63rto said:

Thanks Mark.

I have always resisted uodating apps if they ain't broken. Also, having read people complaining about intrusive ads makes me even more hesitant.

I see where you are coming from, which is why I resisted updating IP Board to v4 for so long. And my Mac is still running Mavericks because I don't want things to break should I upgrade, and Yosemite and El Capitan are free lol.

The ads in the Tapatalk client are a slight annoyance, I am considering paying the 79p myself to have them removed from my app.

• Like 1

"Hector the Hero" - on solo tenor guitar

I've been working on a lovely lament by the Victorian Scottish composer, James Scott-Skinner to commemorate the death of a  legendary Scottish soldier, Major General Sir Hector Archibald MacDonald, KCB, DSO (1853-1903), known to everyone as Fighting Mac. MacDonald, the son of a crofter, rose rapidly from the ranks to become a Major General, fighting in campaigns in the Middle and Far East. Jealousy of the fame and popularity of a down-to-earth, lowly-born soldier in the upper class ranks of the army led to rumours of homosexual behaviour in Ceylon - never really clarified. MacDonald was in Paris in 1903, en route back to Ceylon, and shot himself. A tragic end for a gallant man, demonstrating the attitudes of the establishment of the time.

The MS of the score is labelled "coronach" - a keening or improvised singing at a death. I've chosen to treat this piece a bit in the style of a pipe lament with no backing chords - just the melody played more or less in slow march time - twice through. In the (written) key of A on the tenor guitar (G voicing, capo'ed on the 2nd fret to get the open strings). I've added some grace notes here and there - and tolled the bell for Hector at the end of the piece.

Hector the Hero

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I like to listen to a variety of music and I've really enjoyed all (or most) of the selections here... I'm going to try to add to the collection with one that I've enjoyed lately.  It's one that is both haunting and uplifting, if you can imagine that combination.  It's from David Lanz and it's called "The Green Man"  Hope you enjoy it...

On 4/14/2016 at 9:41 AM, WillFly said:

"Hector the Hero" - on solo tenor guitar

I've been working on a lovely lament by the Victorian Scottish composer, James Scott-Skinner to commemorate the death of a  legendary Scottish soldier, Major General Sir Hector Archibald MacDonald, KCB, DSO (1853-1903), known to everyone as Fighting Mac. MacDonald, the son of a crofter, rose rapidly from the ranks to become a Major General, fighting in campaigns in the Middle and Far East. Jealousy of the fame and popularity of a down-to-earth, lowly-born soldier in the upper class ranks of the army led to rumours of homosexual behaviour in Ceylon - never really clarified. MacDonald was in Paris in 1903, en route back to Ceylon, and shot himself. A tragic end for a gallant man, demonstrating the attitudes of the establishment of the time.

The MS of the score is labelled "coronach" - a keening or improvised singing at a death. I've chosen to treat this piece a bit in the style of a pipe lament with no backing chords - just the melody played more or less in slow march time - twice through. In the (written) key of A on the tenor guitar (G voicing, capo'ed on the 2nd fret to get the open strings). I've added some grace notes here and there - and tolled the bell for Hector at the end of the piece.

Hector the Hero

Really nice, melancholy little piece.  Thanks for sharing...