Help with glass/ bezel

Ayup all I've go a problem with a project ive been on with its a Eldore geneve watch that was in very rough shape when I got it for a 99p bid on the bay. But me being me and hating to see a Nice movement and bits of case go to the great watch graveyard in the sky I thought I'd have a go at bringing it back to life. Firstly I serviced the movement which looked a bit of a state but after a long cleaning process (removing rust and what i can only describe as old glue ) I brought it back to life  (couple of picks added) but thats not my problem after spending time removing all the old varnish from the dial which removed its name but that doesnt bother me as its a project. Ive re- varnished the face and blacked the hour markers and 12 position crest . Its what do i do about glass should this case have a bezel that a glass clips into or something like a tension ring glass I have no idea also I can't decide on black or gold hands so if you have any ideas please feel free to reply.

Mick

$_12.JPG

20160324_235215.jpg

20160324_235650.jpg

20160325_212854.jpg

20160325_205714.jpg

• Like 1

I hoped that a sonic clean and a little silver cleaner would remove the dirt but alas no. So firstly I added boiling water to a bowl with the dial for about 2 mins to soften the old varnish then it was a case of removing it using pegwood being carfull not to scratch the old silvering then I touched up pieces of silver that had been damaged with citadel paint dry brushed on ( paint on a brush and then rubbed off on a tissue leaving a very small amount on the brush. Look it up on the internet its a common technique for painting the look of metal on warhammer miniature figures) then i ran black ink into the original embossing using a 000 brush very hard to do and a steady hand needed. Then just a case off varnishing with a couple of costs of testers dull coat varnish.

20160325_233419.jpg

Thought it would need a bezel but as you say hens teeth I need to find a 27.8mm gold bezel . Given enough time sesrching the internet usually grants your wishes at a price :smiley-face-laughing:need one of these in gold plate.

20160325_232744.jpg