Website Software Upgrade

Mark

Oops, spoke too soon. Whenever someone responds to something I asked to be notified about, I now get two notification e-mails within seconds of each other.

I noticed that. But it doesn't happen every time. I will check the Mandrill logs tomorrow and check to see if it's a known issue.

OK - I checked the Mandrill logs and it is not happening with every email. But I can see it's the software sending duplicate emails on certain occasions - not every thread.

I am going to play with the email settings - I notice there is a new section in the backend dedicated for Mandrill users so I will play with that.

In the meantime - if you are getting multiple email notifications from a particular thread, can I ask you to try un-following that thread and re-following it to see if that fixes the problem for you.

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 11.20.09.png

10 hours ago, jdm said:

Can we please have a preview option when posting? Actually a better, more comprehensive editing interface would be great.

I am somewhat restricted as I am not the developer. We use software developed by Invision.

I am somewhat restricted as I am not the developer. We use software developed by Invision.

The editing interface may be a somewhat independent module, if you tell me if it has a name or what config choices you have I'll look up its docs or source.

@jdm It's CKEditor, I can install plugins but at this time I do not wish to change anything, I have just managed quite a big update on the site and I don't want to add more potential burden. As much as possible I want to keep the IPS software without third party add ons as I have a huge roadmap of development I am working on (A custom LMS for WRT members) - I will look at the editor in more detail in the future.

Yes technically preview is a plugin in CKEditor, but it's a standard one, not a third party. It only has to be enabled in the toolbar. 

http://ckeditor.com/addon/preview

That's why I was saying before that the defaults chosen by software packagers are often inadequate for real world. You update something to do good but then find out that much stuff doesn't work as before even if assured it was a "100% seamless upgrade".

Thank you VM for you hard work Mark!

• Like 1

@jdm I have checked the available options I have and preview is not available in the back end. So I regret that I wont be implementing it as I don't want to stray away from the vanilla install at this time (notice I am even using the supplied skin without tweaks). I just don't want to over burden myself when it comes to future updates. I hope you understand my reasoning.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 12.47.45.png

No problem. I suspect the preview button would appear among the available ones after just installing plugin.
I find it particularly useful because I'm never able to do things right or up to my satisfaction at the first try.

@jdm Create Status is to change your status in your profile (Similar to Facebook).

And create link is for people to submit links for approval to the directory of horology websites.