Need Technical Manual For Swiss Chrono

The counterweight winding mech has fallen out among other things. The guy who gave it to me is a vet chopper pilot and a good guy and really wants to see this thing run again. I a up to the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other thing I can find is here. It shows pictures of how the isolating weights are fixed on their watches,if you click on cal families you will see what I mean.

http://www.watchalyzer.com/education/movements/iwc-movements-passion-for-innovation/

Looking on the net there's not much technical stuff about. You could try contacting them.

That is an Asian copy of the ETA 7750 and very likely a replica IWC. You should still be able to follow the ETA 7750 guide to service it though.

You have just confirmed my thoughts on the matter. A giveaway, apart from the general finish or lack of, is the blued screws, properly blued screws would be blue in the slots, these are not. They have certainly not been heat blued!

Purely for aesthetics. You will find this in most high end watches, also the bridges are nicely chamfered and finished. It's worth remembering that Omega and Rolex are not high end watches, I'm talking about the really expensive stuff.

The blued screws are usually done for decorations purposes. I have blued screws myself over a flame where the slot has not changed. I think it is because the screw was coated in something not removed during the polishing process. I did not polish the screw slot. I think that these screws are possibly blues with a chemical process.

Also, the IWC 79350 is much more finely decorated and finished. It also has a triovis adjustment on the balance.

Purely for aesthetics. You will find this in most high end watches, also the bridges are nicely chamfered and finished. It's worth remembering that Omega and Rolex are not high end watches, I'm talking about the really expensive stuff.

So Geo, you are pretty sure that this movement is an Asian Replica? If so, I need to tell this guy and slightly deflate his ballon. As well, I will be a bit more aggressive in the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk