Need Technical Manual For Swiss Chrono

Careful with Chinese clones...they might not be exactly the same and replacement parts are almost non existent lest you buy a whole identical movement...always a surprise to work on...or sometimes it goes really smooth...or not. Whatever!

Careful with Chinese clones...they might not be exactly the same and replacement parts are almost non existent lest you buy a whole identical movement...always a surprise to work on...or sometimes it goes really smooth...or not. Whatever!

thanks for the advice bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blued screws are usually done for decorations purposes. I have blued screws myself over a flame where the slot has not changed. I think it is because the screw was coated in something not removed during the polishing process. I did not polish the screw slot. I think that these screws are possibly blues with a chemical process.

Also, the IWC 79350 is much more finely decorated and finished. It also has a triovis adjustment on the balance.

Then does this make sense ?

http://www.iwc.com/forum/en/discussion/5626/

I confirm it's an Asian 7750 from Shanghai factory. I've serviced many of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for putting the cap on the bottle. Are they easy to get parts for. It will need a new krown and Stem

Thanks for putting the cap on the bottle. Are they easy to get parts for. It will need a new krown and Stem

Cousins and ofrei sell a variety of screw down crowns and tubes. Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

I can't really tell much without access to the part but I've repaired screw in crowns by finding a compatible tube and crown (both)...the crown itself may not be available for different reasons...and the generic offerings seldom have a "compatible" thread or fit. As far as the stem, originally, I bought all available Chinese stems as "tools" since sometimes it becomes a trial and error to find the right one. It all depends who made the movement (what factory) and what name they decided on giving it. They simply are not made to be repaired!

• 3 weeks later...