K&d Tool

toptime810

I think you did well, no comment on the pocket watch. (if it doesn't go on a wrist, don't ask me)

But that looks like a rather comprehensive, and mostly complete, well maintained staking set. I thought it might have been a bit rusty in your second picture but I realized that was just a tungsten lighting issue. Withought being to verify it all works well and precisely, I say you got a deal. Staking sets are one of those glorious things that can set you back a fortune brand new and you can pay very little for them second hand. They're dead handy for certain things.

I got my self a complete 'Star' (vintage bergeon) staking set from Ebay for £90 (bout $120) that brand new costs around about, maybe just shy £1,000 (~$1,500). And I don't expect to strike a deal quite that good again. I'm not sure what a brand new K&D staking set would cost you, or if they're even still manufactured, but I would have bought that. 

Also, the box is rather lovely too. 

Edited by Ishima

A k & d inverto complete 18 for that price is a good deal. I got one similar a while ago for around the same price. I really did not need the jeweling attachments as I have a seitz complete set which I feel is better set than the 18 jeweling attachment. I think you did very well there. Good luck there is so much you can do with that set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk