Anyone Here Have A Small Bench Drill, Proxxon Mf70/opticians Drill

jnash

Hi J, what are the dimensions, please? I will probably get one but I have little room in my "shop". Dimension of equipment are important for me. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob

PS. There are many things that will come up in time I suppose but for now, precision drilling is the most important to me.

I've had one for quite a while Jonathan. I seldom use it, it's just another tool in the armoury that lets me drill tiny holes whenever I need to.

Edit:- I just realised that it is the miniature milling machine you have, not the drill. I would far rather have at than the drill that I have because of its versatility.

Hey Geo

Well actually i was looking for the proxxon  mf70 but i've been told it warped too much under any real strain, my lathe is coming with a drilling attachment ( you flip the whole thing vertically) but i managed to snag a small easy lens drill online for what i think was a good price - ive heard of watch repairers using these type of drills

s-l1600.jpg

which i understand is very similar in regards to size.

I think this looks a bit sturdier, and im hoping when i get it i can modify the glasses attachment and add a small milling table.