Reduced Speedy Automatic

Geo

I agree... I also have one of those, that was during 15 years my (almost) everyday choice!

It has lost the first rang only three monthes ago, when I received a birthday gift, that I'm now wearing and that I'll show you later.

But I'm sure I'll be back to the "speedy" many times in the future!

Nice one...that model is by far my favorite Omega!  (nice condition too)

Funny you said that about Rolex Geo, I am wearing my vintage DateJust again and all I get is "is that real?"  When I say yes, I get a laugh like "sure it is" and when I say no, I get a lecture about being fake....lose lose situation there BUT no one will steal it from me so I consider Rolex a safe watch to wear daily;)

I know, right?! Absolutely gorgeous and my favorite brand too. Although I'm partial to steel and/or heavy link (diver style, etc) bracelets -- and Omega has nice ones -- in this case I'm with Geo: Leather! It highlights the nice lines and design of this specific Omega model.

My dream watch is the Omega Speedmaster with manual calibre 321...I'll take an 861 too, though.

I can't quite justify wearing something on my wrist that expensive--yet.

JC

Give it time, you will;)  Having said that, I constantly forget if I wear a several thousand dollar watch over a 10 dollar repair job....this is also VERY sad when I slam it against something by mistake and forget which watch I am wearing, lol.  (when you have well over 300, you stop thinking about it I guess)

Give it time, you will;)  Having said that, I constantly forget if I wear a several thousand dollar watch over a 10 dollar repair job....this is also VERY sad when I slam it against something by mistake and forget which watch I am wearing, lol.  (when you have well over 300, you stop thinking about it I guess)

You have what? Three HUNDRED?!? And I thought I need therapy for obsessive compulsive disorder (level 5) with hoarding characteristics!

Someone who hoards may exhibit the following:

Inability to throw away possessions

• Severe anxiety when attempting to discard items
  • Great difficulty categorizing or organizing possessions
  • Indecision about what to keep or where to put things
  • Distress, such as feeling overwhelmed or embarrassed by possessions
  • Suspicion of other people touching items
  • Obsessive thoughts and actions: fear of running out of an item or of needing it in the future.
  • Functional impairments, including loss of living space, social isolation, family or marital discord, financial difficulties, health hazards

These definitions describe me, of course.

Regards,

JC

Edited by noirrac1j
  • Like 2

LOL, I didn't say that I was normal;)  Yeah, I have been pushing the envelope recently man, I just love hoarding, I mean collecting them:D  I DO have the inability to sell them but all joking aside, I have sold two recently:  One of my Spaceviews and the other a "sunburst" Timex!

Ok, there is my next goal: 300 I'll tell the wife and she will understand....I only need about 10 more to get there! I'll talk her into making the last 10 memorable...errr, just in case, any of our hobbyist members is by any chance a divorce attorney? :D

PS. Joe, I think you more than deserve the watch of your dreams. Trust me, get it asap!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Ok, there is my next goal: 300 I'll tell the wife and she will understand....I only need about 10 more to get there! I'll talk her into making the last 10 memorable...errr, just in case, any of our hobbyist members is by any chance a divorce attorney? :D

PS. Joe, I think you more than deserve the watch of your dreams. Trust me, get it asap!

Cheers,

Bob

I agree! I'm going to get that watch!

JC

• Like 1

On 21/03/2016 at 7:24 AM, noirrac1j said:

You have what? Three HUNDRED?!? And I thought I need therapy for obsessive compulsive disorder (level 5) with hoarding characteristics!

Someone who hoards may exhibit the following:

Inability to throw away possessions

• Severe anxiety when attempting to discard items
  • Great difficulty categorizing or organizing possessions
  • Indecision about what to keep or where to put things
  • Distress, such as feeling overwhelmed or embarrassed by possessions
  • Suspicion of other people touching items
  • Obsessive thoughts and actions: fear of running out of an item or of needing it in the future.
  • Functional impairments, including loss of living space, social isolation, family or marital discord, financial difficulties, health hazards

These definitions describe me, of course.

Regards,

JC

Crikey!  That's me to a tee!  

Off to see a shrink ASAP!!!:smiley-face-laughing:

• Like 1

You made a believer out of me Geo .  While I , like bobm12 , am partial to well made SS bracelets . From the heaver diver style , the more delicate beads of rice style,  to everything in between . This watch in particular really begs for black leather.

ramrod , good buddy ,...the way you described this watch is So sexy .

My choice is this basket weave design from Hadley Roma .

DSC00041.JPGDSC00043.JPGDSC00046.JPGDSC00047.JPGDSC00050.JPG

• Like 1