Josmar Wrist Watch, Upper Balance Jewel Cap Needed.

Len33

Hi there, all!

I have an old Josmar wrist watch (CAL.2003 and the word 'BROC 454' both stamped on it) and I need to find a top balance wheel jewel cap. It's not a shockproof movement and the cap would be held in place by a brass looking three pronged holder. (Which is present)

I took pictues of this watch before stripping it and the cap doesn't appear to be there!

The watch works fine, face down, but immediately stops with a jolt when turned over.

Turning it back to face down, it starts to work again.

Yes, there is lots of verticle 'end shake' and therein remains the problem.

So if anyone can come up with any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

Len.

Sorry Len struggling to identify what the movement is. It looks like under the cal 2003 is a logo (see pic) this might give the ID.

The pic you have shown it looks like the cap jewel is held with a removable shock spring so a bit confused as to what you are looking for.

post-234-0-83118800-1458120191_thumb.png

That is very helpfull Clockboy and, with the information gathered by Rogart63, I have found out that the shock protection on this watch is

'Resomatic' (Whatever that means!) and I have emailed Watch Part, Huddersfield, to see if they can help.

We'll see, but all the help I can get on here is very much appreciated and I thank you all.

Len.

That is very helpfull Clockboy and, with the information gathered by Rogart63, I have found out that the shock protection on this watch is

'Resomatic' (Whatever that means!) and I have emailed Watch Part, Huddersfield, to see if they can help.

We'll see, but all the help I can get on here is very much appreciated and I thank you all.

Len.

Best of luck Len. There are lots of shock spring styles BUT their availability is very limited.The jewels are not so difficult if you know the size etc as Cousins have  a vast selection.