Elgin Nutter

diveboy

Hi All,

some of you know me as the Elgin nutbag from other forums/communities. I started hmm, 1 month short of two years ago collecting watches and apart from a few choice pieces, I've focused on Elgins of every sort. from a B. W. Raymond #198 (yeh thats not a typo) to the last Electronic grades out of Plant 1 to everything between. I've also added a few unique pieces from the factory and staff like service award watches, programs from company dinners and parts of incomplete watches (Still on the stamping strips). I've also secured some great documents like the Master Jobbers Book from inside the plant.

So yes, I'll spread the praise of Elgin any chance you give me. I'm also more than happy to help in identifying any Elgins you might have doubts on, just message me and I'll gladly share what I know.

As to skill level, I've mainly focused on basic cleaning of cases, re-doing enamel, making ribbon straps and cleaning and polishing up expansion bands. I've done a few dial swaps but yet to strip and clean a movement and put it back together, hence while I've decided to stop lurking on here and start taking part.

Thanks for having me in advance.

Thanks for enlightening us into you Elgin fixation. It's good to have someone like you that is dedicated to one marque, I'll certainly bear you in mind for the future.

I'm curious, what exactly are yo doing with the enamel?

well I spent the first 721 day collecting the Elgin Parisienne line ( a guy collecting ladies models, weird I know) and now I'm in the process of getting them "presentable", which means getting them all dolled up again looking fresh and crisp.

These are the ones I've done so far after numerous different failures trying different methods, so far I'm happy with the finished products

post-1804-0-48248800-1457258920_thumb.jp

The two middle ones are not Parisiennes, just needed some TLC on the enamel front.

post-1804-0-34153900-1457258934_thumb.jp

you normally seem them naked, like this one, which is the above on the left.

5d861fdf6633ead1842f7f216c29b30c.jpg

• Like 2