Eta Co1211 - Any Technical Reference Available?

ef2037898b1052dee04063085a2baf12.jpg

00f2f331158c4216233aad7ab8597754.jpg

af0240e3fa8d5dbfb800b723b8fca597.jpg

Recently received this Tissot PRC200 for repair but can't find any technical reference online. Has anyone had any technical documents of this caliber CO 1211 to share?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by steven

Is this even a genuine ETA movement? It escapement is of plastic material -pallet fork and escape wheel.

Tissot tends to do that once in a while so it may very well be. I'm not familiar with this movement but I have a feeling parts are not going to be easy to find. In any case, I hope for a successful result.

Cheers,

Bob

I did a bit of trawling for ETA C01.112 tech sheets but came up empty handed, although there seems to be quite a lot of discussion about them.

What did come to light though was that they are based on the Lemania 5100, in which case the attached may be of help.

Although the use of plastics for movement components doesn't seem quite right in the traditional sense it is something that Tissot in particular pioneered in their cal.2250 in the 1970's, and swatch have gone back to in the ETA C10.111 as used in their Sistem 51 series of watches. Personally I don't like them but then I guess if it works.......

1283_Omega1045.pdf

5188_Lemania5100_Technical Instructions_Smaller.pdf

Edited by Marc
  • Like 1

Stuart thank you for the link.

Disassembled the movement and found the chrono cam is badly damaged by water. Funny that it's not even in the components list. Does that mean it's part of the main plate?

89a32003ece63d20412c7bf0ca42bde9.jpg

755fc66a61501951c8fc8426fc7a9255.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by steven

Looks like it is Steven. Also looks like it is rivetted on, so will be quite a challenge to clean up, but getting parts for this movement will be harder unless you buy a donor watch.

I would be inclined to soak in tea (or Bergeon rust remover if you have no better use for your money) then try and clean with a fine scratch brush to see what you've got.

S

...and don't forget the miraculous always refreshing CocaCola (I'm short of money so let's see if they pay for this free ad :)  ) It will clean the rust away!

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I would recommend also toothpaste but Colgate doesn't like me! :)

PS. Joking apart, both methods have been used successfully by some forum members and are recommended...where applicable of course.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Thanks for the help guys! VWatchie I already found your thread but I'll check it again. Nice to know about acetone, I still have to get the shellac off since I made a little mess. I adjusted the jewel, put new shellac (the so called soldering technique, pallet tool too hot this time so the shellac "wire" melted in air before getting in contact with jewels or fork) rinsed the pallet fork and put it back dry. Amplitude is now in the 240-250 range that I expected in the first place. I guess there's enough oil in the escape wheel teeth already but I'll check that later. The mainspring was pretty beaten so a new one would probably boost the amplitude even further. Nice to learn new things. Now I have another thing to look for while disassembling. I wonder if the watch left the factory that way. 
    • Would be interesting to see it 🙂
    • These are all American movements (with the exception of the "Rubis"), and are all almost certainly "negative set" which means the stem is part of the case. So it's normal that they are all missing- they are with their cases. You will need male square bench keys to wind/disarm them. Vintagewatchstraps has a great writeup on the different systems. But basically, any American "x" size movement will fit any case for that size, possibly with some adjusting of the stem position. With Swiss movements, there is some interchangeability between calibers, usually within the same maker's range, but not really overall- there are thousands of different stems out there.
    • Hi, I'm very new to watchmaking and this is my first time posting here.  I've bought a lot of 10 vintage pocket watches size 0s from e-bay and just got them today.  Most of the balance wheels sprung quite freely and thus seemed like a worthy endeavor as a first batch for exploration.  I've just realized that none of them have any winding stems. Is there any way I could source appropriate winding stems for the movements? There seems to be assortments of various stems selling in bulk on aliexpress, but would any of them fit?  I've read on other threads that some people lathe their own stems (which is waaaay out of my current skill set, which is pretty much nil). Others say that you 'just have to try a few and see if they fit'. I would much appreciate any advice for this matter. Thanks!
    • Nice work.  In the last year, I have been servicing Accutron 218s.  I have the official Accutron hoder that provides electrical contact to the movement.  It is a pretty clever design.  There is a cut in the ring of the holder (shaped like a "C").  When in relaxed state, the holder is slightly smaller than the watch movement.  You spread the cut slightly and drop the movement in and release.  Very clean.  I have made 3D versions of this setup.  Have not explored using it generally for other movements.