Hello!

Could anyone help me with some more detailed information (service sheet, manual, etc) for a russian chronograph Molnija 81322? It was (and still is, from my knowledge) used in MIG 21 airplanes.

Two links that I've found:

http://www.abbeyclock.com/photos/mig.html

http://www.cockpitclock.com/MOLNIA%2081322.html

Thank you,

Bogdan

• Like 3

Hi Bogdan, what a coincidence, I am waiting for one coming from Russia just now. Like you I am trying to find out as much information as possible. I will forward any information to you if and when I come across any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:) 3D printing is like a dream-come-true. You dream at something at night and then you print it. 

I have a friend who invested in a 3d printing machine, but he still makes small adjustments. This was his first big project - 32 hour job. At first attempt he had some trouble but at the second attempt it pretty much got the job done.

The case isn't perfect but it is ok for this particular project. It has some 0.2mm granularity (layer thickness), it's plastic, and I don't think It is appropriate for wrist watch cases - but I will give it a try at some point.

I'll let you know.

Bogdan

• Like 1

That looks the business Bogdan.  You've just got to fill the star with some red paint to make it look really B).

Mine is still sitting in its original 1980's polystyrene packaging complete with original certificate.

• Like 1

Thank you Geo, but I don't want to make it too cheesy. It's got Mother Russia already written all-over it :D.

About your chronograph, didn't you have it serviced? Mine has the original seals on it (I guess) but I am itchy to open it myself - I think the parts are big and might be a good start on a column wheel chrono dismantle.

6 hours ago, matabog said:

About your chronograph, didn't you have it serviced? Mine has the original seals on it (I guess) but I am itchy to open it myself - I think the parts are big and might be a good start on a column wheel chrono dismantle.

I've not serviced mine yet Bogdan, it is NOS with original seals.  It may be a lot bigger than a watch, but It's a complex mechanism built in two layers.  I would recommend learning on a cheap chronograph watch before servicing your clock.

@matabog Wow.......that is a great 3D print result. When I saw you & Geo talking about this chronograph, I was seriously considering buying one. But what when ready? Where to put it / build it in?? I think you found a fantastic solution and my compliments to you and your friend :thumbsu:

While searching for the Mig 21, I stumbled over the Vostok watches. I was so impressed about all the technicalities / capabilities, that I bought yesterday my first Russian time piece; a new Vostok Amphibian "Radio Room"......I can't wait to have a look at the 31 jewel 2415 movement! Thanks to both of you for pointing me East !

Amphibian.jpg

• Like 2

On 7 April 2016 at 4:51 PM, matabog said:

@Geo :) Actually it has three (3) layers: one "normal" watch with the train of wheels and barrels and escapement and... wait for it... and two independent column-wheel chronographs. It is quite awesome!

Check out this link: http://www.abbeyclock.com/photos/mig.html

You are absolutely correct Bogdan, a bit of brain fade with my ageing grey matter.  I even had that link saved fir future reference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

• Similar Content