On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 12:44 PM, Endeavor said:

(- - - ) I bought yesterday my first Russian time piece; a new Vostok Amphibian "Radio Room"......I can't wait to have a look at the 31 jewel 2415 movement!(- - -)

Great looking watch, especially the Radio Room dial. The Vostok 24XX movements are some pretty solid workhorses that have been around for almost 50 years.

Here's my vintage Radio Room for anyone interested. It's definitely one of my top five favourites!

Edited by VWatchie

• 10 months later...
On 4/6/2016 at 12:20 PM, matabog said:

Hello!

So I made a 3d case in openScad and a friend of mine helped me print it.

What do you think?

IMG-20160401-WA0000.jpgIMG-20160402-WA0000.jpgIMG-20160402-WA0003.jpgIMG-20160402-WA0004.jpgIMG-20160402-WA0005.jpgIMG-20160406-WA0001.jpg

This is supercool Bogdan. Would you share the openscad file with us so we could make our own? It is perfect!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 8:25 PM, Gertaap said:

This is supercool Bogdan. Would you share the openscad file with us so we could make our own? It is perfect!

also, please put a picture with the final result.

• 8 months later...
On 8/5/2018 at 4:46 AM, 2prawns said:

Hello guys, I had the same issue of my clockpit clock running to a stop after I opened up the clock.  Anyone had successful sorting it out?

I have one of these as well. My best guess is these were never really serviced, I think they were largely swapped with new units and the old ones that had issues were taken away to storage. This seems very typical of the Russian mindset. Mine specifically has worn balance pivots and had a general lack of service during its lifetime. It will run without stalling and will keep good time however it will occasionally overbank without provocation. The only way to clear the overbank is to remove the balance assembly and reset everything back as it should be, once there it takes off like it should. @matabog, how can I acquire one of those fancy holders? I don't own a 3D printer, so making my own is out of the question, lol.

Mine at work. A tape roll isn't exactly the best holder for this, but it's what I had that was adequate. :D

20200322_075002.thumb.jpg.182823812207ba0230345a43adc3df31.jpg

Don't know what to say. I am trying to make a case for a friend, but with all this covid mess, it wasn't a priority. Overbanking shouldn't happen... is the safety pin at the same hight with the safety roller? With the pivots being worn out, maybe the jewels have been moved a bit...

2 hours ago, matabog said:

Don't know what to say. I am trying to make a case for a friend, but with all this covid mess, it wasn't a priority. Overbanking shouldn't happen... is the safety pin at the same hight with the safety roller? With the pivots being worn out, maybe the jewels have been moved a bit...

I don't have a staking set to try and move the jewels. The amount of endshake is the issue, I figured that the pivot shoulders were worn causing the end shake. The pivot ends are NOT broken, so those are fine.