Youtube Videos Serviceing A Sekio With A Stop Device.

I think you guys might like this it's multiple videos about 10 minute each one taking a Seiko apart and putting it back, it has a stop device which the guy calls a hacking device, he has never done one before so there are many mistakes he makes, some are screamers to me some are very common. What I like about this is he shows how difficult things can be for someone who has limited knowledge.

Here is the link.

Mods move this if its in the wrong section.

• Like 1

Entertaining, I almost felt the need to wear my safety specs.

And the fact that he was mauling an Invicta didn't bother me, but experimenting on a good movement with the hands and dial still attached..................

Entertaining, I almost felt the need to wear my safety specs.

And the fact that he was mauling an Invicta didn't bother me, but experimenting on a good movement with the hands and dial still attached..................

If you watched them all, he explains why he's left the dial and hands on for much of the time.  For me it is the amount  of oil and grease and not cleaning up his mess and not using the correct width screwdrivers, I found this hard to take in.  

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely! One of the reasons will be: On Seiko, first do the dial side immediately after removing the rotor and maybe the balance!! It is a good resource because it shows not only the movement but the pitfalls of working on a movement without consulting the service data...among other things.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bobm12 said:

Absolutely! One of the reasons will be: On Seiko, first do the dial side immediately after removing the rotor and maybe the balance!! It is a good resource because it shows not only the movement but the pitfalls of working on a movement without consulting the service data...among other things.

Cheers,

Bob

That's the main reason why I posted it so you can see the pitfalls and at times its not so easy as it looks.

• Like 1