Hello From Maryland!

Hello Everyone, 

Just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. I'm pretty new to watch repair (started in 2010) as a hobby. Really got into it because I was curious as to how it all worked and it has gone from there. I found Mark's videos and they were just so helpful!

I really wasn't able to get anything working for a few years, I've made more mistakes then I care to recount, and still have just so much to learn.

I've mostly worked on older American pocket watches from 3/0 size to 18 size. Dabbled in some swiss trench watches and just took apart my first seiko 7s26.

Looking forward to talking with everyone soon!

Welcome from Miami, FL, mousekar, you just got to the right place horology wise and sometimes not so much horology if you also check this section once in a while. We are a bunch of dedicated people who advocate for old watches, NO! ALL watches, to have the right to live free and to search for wrist happiness....err, wait, what the heck am I talking about! :) Forget that, we just love fixing watches and hopefully they love to be fixed, -- the sacrificial ones where we learn on, not so much -- so there you have it. Ask away and one of our members will probably have an answer for you...and then, maybe one day you'll reciprocate in kind!

Happy to have you with us!

Cheers,

Bob

Nice introduction Mousekar, thank you for that. There is a great variety of skill levels on this forum, and you will find help if required from all quarters. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Hello from me. Your starting out on a most interesting adventure in watch repairs, you might even go into clocks. I've been retired for many years with around 30 years experience. Many friendly people here only too willing help you. 

Hello Mousekar,

Welcome to the forum from me.

One persons mistake resolved is usually a solution for another person undertaking the same task.  I  have learned quite a bit on the forum but have forgotten a lot of what I have learned as well (deterioration due to advanced years according to the wife).  However, tracing for stuff on the forum usually presents an answer or failing that there is a load of help given by other forum members.

Cheers,

Vic

Thank you all for the responses. I actually have several questions that I'll be posting soon, but I'll do a search on here first to make sure I'm starting a previously discussed topic.

Very happy to be a part of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk