Clothing

MWNAWR

Stroppy, remember the thread "Reducing humidity inside the watch" which I started in January. I cased up the watch in this humidifier grove box I made. So far the watch did not fog up anymore.

Dadistic, it's home made using a plastic aquarium, kitchen gloves, two top part of plastic cookies containers used as holes for the gloves to attach on, cut two holes on a transparent plastic bag, dehumidifier substance, a mini fan to speed up the dehumidify-ing process and a digital humidity meter.

08e9bde634d7674692c979b066850c40.jpg

b9b4850cbe76335fd3c8537fda906ef5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by steven
  • Like 1

Stroppy, remember the thread "Reducing humidity inside the watch" which I started in January. I cased up the watch in this humidifier grove box I made. So far the watch did not fog up anymore.

Dadistic, it's home made -

Hah! No wonder I couldn't find it :-) You sure did a professional looking job. Saw a similar lab glove box for sale for about US$400. I remember you mentioning solving your humidity problem, but I figured you'd just dehumidified your entire workspace.

Last time I had condensation in a watch, I took the back off and heated it up with a hair dryer before I closed it again. Seemed to work.

Thanks!

Hah! No wonder I couldn't find it :-) You sure did a professional looking job. Saw a similar lab glove box for sale for about US$400. I remember you mentioning solving your humidity problem, but I figured you'd just dehumidified your entire workspace.

Last time I had condensation in a watch, I took the back off and heated it up with a hair dryer before I closed it again. Seemed to work.

Thanks!

I have "rescued" a couple of smartphones for the kids of friends of mine using the hair dryer method.  You could do it if the owner had not attempted to power on the phone after the inundation.  I would take the battery out...unscrew the motherboard as best as possible and then put the works into a bucket and gently heat the air within using the hair dryer.  This method worked with about half of the flooded phones...the rest were DOA no matter what I did.

Have you tried a bag of rice? Bury them in rice and leave in a dry place, it should work too, the rice will absorb the humidity.

Yep...that works for phones that have been in the pocket during a downpour but not for ones that have fallen into the dunny...etc  (don't laugh...it happens more often than you think).  :D

Edited by stroppy
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Friend gave me an old cloth to clean my car. The cloth turned out to be a very good cotton apron. Its old but well made. I now use this to protect my clothing and watch parts when I am repairing.