Clothing

MWNAWR

I would love to design a workman's full-front apron (like a barbecue apron) that is magnetic.  The reason being that if you are working on a watch and something flies off (as often happens when I change a lug pin...damned annoying!) it will stick to the apron and not go into the guts of the carpet under your workbench never to be seen again.

• Like 1

I would love to design a workman's full-front apron (like a barbecue apron) that is magnetic.  The reason being that if you are working on a watch and something flies off (as often happens when I change a lug pin...damned annoying!) it will stick to the apron and not go into the guts of the carpet under your workbench never to be seen again.

Not good at all. Anything that is magnetic near any watch will get magnetized.

Hmm.  I hear you, OldHippy.  I guess the risk of magnetisation is too great.

Perhaps someone could design a "workbox" made out of plexiglass with one section fitted with a Fresnel lens to magnify what you are working on.  The box would be lidded and fully enclosed and you would have to put your hands and forearms into fitted cotton gloves to do your work.  Kind of like this:

330bjuo.jpg

Obviously this is a modified image of a humidicrib but it's the same general idea.

Edited by stroppy

I try to avoid wearing something which can 'catch' parts and hide them.

Cargo pants/shorts, for example, have a lot of pleats which can hide parts.

Anil

If I have a work bench in my bedroom, I'll just wear the finger cots. Good idea Geo, ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c07bc345bfaa27cf45262563f1aa6b05.jpg

Stroppy, sometimes I do my work in this box.

Sent from my Lenovo S650 using Tapatalk

Yep...that's it.  Just the thing.  Oh well...someone done thought of it first.  No patent rights for me then!  (much lamentation and crying!)