Cheap Pegwood

SSTEEL

Hi guys,

Awesome link, the guy sells about everything. Looking for an appealing watch display I tried to buy this:

post-253-0-40547000-1446639222.jpg

but he said he only sold the dress so I declined. :)

More seriously, I didn't find the circular pen holder. Was that something he provided out of ebay?

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

added some grommets to hold the items better

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

can be fitted top or bottom rail as suits the configuration of tweezers

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

you can even house irregular shapes

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

the mod to rotating stand for screwdrivers

l am intending to shorten the centre stem

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

added some grommets to hold the items better

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

can be fitted top or bottom rail as suits the configuration of tweezers

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

you can even house irregular shapes

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

the mod to rotating stand for screwdrivers

l am intending to shorten the centre stem

Really nice stand you built . But those grommet where very expensive . £103 only for the grommets? 

I like these mods., great idea. What I'd like you to do now () is come up with a screwdriver/tweezer stand that lies flat and holds them in place whilst doing so. I like to completely clear my working area when I've finished, and screwdriver carousels don't lie down flat in drawers unfortunately.

Stephen

I like these mods., great idea. What I'd like you to do now () is come up with a screwdriver/tweezer stand that lies flat and holds them in place whilst doing so. I like to completely clear my working area when I've finished, and screwdriver carousels don't lie down flat in drawers unfortunately.

Stephen

Can l be your own personal designer? please please Edited by Roamerofold

Well, a few more folks are like me, a cold wet afternoon and a lump of teflon and Colin has a new oiler holder. Just one of the many little things that plant the seed for others to follow.

Encouraged by the success of re-purposing my old Indian screwdriver stand to an oiler holder (http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/3138-i-needed-a-stand-for-my-oilers/) and knowing I had another one in the junk box somewhere, I decided to see what I could use it for so I rustled it up.

I had made a quick and dirty holder for some bench tools from the foot of an old sofa that had gone to the charity shop, wasn't pretty but did the job.

post-1141-0-71594500-1448090561_thumb.jp

Using the same method, I popped the stand apart, chucked it in the lathe and marked the diameter and index marks using the index wheel on the lathe to produce six points.

Then to the drill press for pilot holes and final holes to suit the tools. Back together and I'm happy with it.

post-1141-0-35403400-1448090741_thumb.jp

And with the tools. They are a pair of hand lifters, a brass stabby thing I made from a clock chime, a steel stabby thing I made from a cheap screwdriver, and at the back, two Indian screwdrivers modified by removing the swivel heads and shaping the bladed into little flats, one with a blob of Rodico which was my go to jewel lifter until I got a proper one.

post-1141-0-02329000-1448090962_thumb.jp

This forum and the posts of the members is great for galvanising one into motion isn't it :-)

Edited by JimInOz
  • Like 5

I finally got the time this week to make a couple of tools I've been needing.

A tool for removing pendant tubed when refinishing cases.

144814925426401500_resized.jpg

144814925507831100_resized.jpg

A oiler that can be held like a pen for ultimate control. Made from 6mm anodized aluminium rod and a reshaped sewing needle.

144814927254706300_resized.jpg

144814925479758900_resized.jpg

Handremovers made from 5mm stainless rod

144814925662499400_resized.jpg

• Like 6

I finally got the time this week to make a couple of tools I've been needing.

A tool for removing pendant tubed when refinishing cases.

144814925426401500_resized.jpg

144814925507831100_resized.jpg

A oiler that can be held like a pen for ultimate control. Made from 6mm anodized aluminium rod and a reshaped sewing needle.

144814927254706300_resized.jpg

144814925479758900_resized.jpg

Handremovers made from 5mm stainless rod

144814925662499400_resized.jpg

Beautiful work RC nice.

I wouldn't say i was a tool maker but when i have some scrap material around i make some use of it :)

Pictured below, a couple of staff hammers ( for choice of better word ) i use these when replacing staffs and knocking out old ones, the smaller hammer for wrist and larger for pocket watches. The hammers have other uses too of course, both have stainless steel handles and brass heads which give just the right amount of weight, they ain't pretty but they work a charm.

There's a very rough looking aluminium lug pin removal tool made from a short scrap of stock, bang some holes and threads in the end and add some hardened steel tips tada.

A small screw driver i used for general stuff, i made this again out of scrap bits i bought in a joblot. Last picture is a small stand i made from scrap aluminium, just messing around with scrap and turned into a tweezer stand for now ha ha. The stand is quite sturdy and weighted despite being alu.

I do make higher quality tools when i have time but these are all i have that were all made purely from scrap. :)

DSC03139_zpselwgyw1c.jpg

DSC03141_zpsmplwoc7w.jpg

When i do next make a set of screwdrivers i will be sure to share here :)

• Like 4

I just found one hidden away that i did, i really must finish the set but here's the 1.20mm. All stainless steel , 3mm grub retainer screw for holding blade in tight, and the knurled head is interchangable with others that i have lying around somewhere. Simple but effective :) I have drawings and plans for so many things but i rarely get time to make them currently, but since i found it i figured id share :)

DSC03142_zpsu8e6fxmv.jpg

DSC03143_zpszuswxego.jpg

DSC03144_zps0l7ollau.jpg

• Like 3