New Member - A Couple Of My (Military) Watches

rodabod

Interestingly, the original Longines 6B was did not have any lume on it. In 1956 they were updated with a stainless case as above, and more often than not, a new MoD dial with lume pips, along with lume added to the original blued-steel hands.

Wow very nice, I love the vintage military watches, and have a few vintage watches (but not military) myself.

But after wearing 40+mm watches for so long the old 30-35mm vintage size I just don't get on with as the look tiny on my wrists.

Still amazing watches though. Do they get much wear?

Very nice indeed. I'm also fond of military watches, and watches in military style, though I'm not a collector of them per se. Do they have any government issue markings on the case back - and do they hack? One of the useful things about many of the old watches from WW2 days is the ability to really "Synchronise watches, men" - like my Unitas 173 movements:

http://www.willswatchpages.com/unitas-173.html

A small size, wherever it occurs, doesn't bother me, and I'm as happy with 33mm diameter as 44mm on my wrist.

I wear them occasionally. My main watch I wear is an Omega '53 (often referred to as a Fat Arrow) 6B/542. These watches aren't generally very small, though I don't have case sizes to hand.

They all have government markings. Sometimes they have been skimmed off on some watches which is a shame, but up you can sometimes still identify them as military by other means.

The IWC hacks, but the Longines does not. The former is a Cal. 89 and the latter a 12.68n.