Timegrapher Problem

Alaskamick

Can anyone help me with a timegrapher problem ?

I have an  Omega automatic Geneva which is running ok but not sure of its condition. Bought a couple of years ago.

When I put it on the timegrapher it detects a signal which is the green flashing light but will not shown any information at all.

The screen just shows "Beat, Rate, Auto and Detect" 

I've had loads of other watches on there and the machine works perfectly so it would seem the it is some sort of problem with the watch.

Any ideas what may be going on?

Can anyone help me with a timegrapher problem ?

I have an  Omega automatic Geneva which is running ok but not sure of its condition. Bought a couple of years ago.

When I put it on the timegrapher it detects a signal which is the green flashing light but will not shown any information at all.

The screen just shows "Beat, Rate, Auto and Detect" 

I've had loads of other watches on there and the machine works perfectly so it would seem the it is some sort of problem with the watch.

Any ideas what may be going on?

Strange have you adjusted the sensitivity settings.

Sorry jam, I though you meant just take the back of and look at it. Forgive my stupidity.

Took the case back of and the movement looks absolutely pristine. Fitted it correctly to the TG but still exactly the same zero

The balance is moving very slowly.

I found that I could pick up a signal by putting it in sideways with the crown down. That's the only way I could gat any signal'

In that position it looked like the biggest snowstorm you've ever seen, almost a white out, showed a rate of 26800 but no other information at all.

Any ideas.

Mike

Edited by Alaskamick

• 1 month later...

This is probably not relevant and I may be way out here but could the watch have a co axial movement and is your timegrapher suitable with such movements.

The latest timegraphers are ok but some of the earlier ones are not.  I don't know how the older timegraphers failed on co ax and how the failure shows up but anyway feel free to ignore this if it is not relevant.

Cheers,

Vic

This is probably not relevant and I may be way out here but could the watch have a co axial movement and is your timegrapher suitable with such movements.

Can't be. Omega Geneve is a thing of the 60s, but coaxial of this millennium, and expen$ive.

Hello Jdm,

Of course you are right, should have thought about it a bit more and done the research, at least I have learned a little now and will keep a look out for a 1999 De Ville (:-)).  Good luck with the fix Alaskamick.

Cheers,

Vic

will keep a look out for a 1999 De Ville (:-)).

Worth a through

http://www.chrono24.it/omega/omega-deville-co-axial-gmt-ref-45334000--id4235832.htm

http://www.chrono24.it/omega/deville-coaxial-power-reserve--id1837242.htm

Personally GMT on on a dress watch, and the unfinished date window put me off a bit, but these are just tastes.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1