Owdoo From Barnsley South Yorkshire

Cad101

Hello all just a quick greeting to everyone. I've been interested in watches and the mechanics of them

since I first sat watching my granddad fix all those tiny cogs gears and springs in his shed at the top

garden nearly 50 years ago. Now I try myself to collect watches and repair broken movements some I

succeed with and some I don't or cant find the parts and im hoping that's where you kind people on here will help

me. After many hours sat watching Mark on youtube I thought lets give this forum a go and so far after reading

hundreds of posts I think im in the right place.

Mick

Hi Mick,

I'm glad you find our forum the right place! We are happy to have you and be assured, we think you are the right person to come on board! :)

You will find that of all the moderators, I'm the goofy one that is always joking but I do take watchmaking very seriously, yeah, specially when I loose the tiny parts shooting off my tweezers because I'm lazy and didn't dress them properly! In any case, I hope you find what you want, being as we are, among friends and amazing people here.

Cheers,

Bob

By gum, who'd a thowt it - a Yorkshire tyke on't forum. Make sure you get your passport stamped before you post in future - just a bit of good advice from one who had the great fortune to be born in Lancashire (and now lives in the soft south of Sussex).

:D

Good to see you here - enjoy the forum!

Will